Help with my first USA scenery

Hello guys

I was wondering if somebody can help me with a project I'll start, I'm interested in make a USA airport for FS9 and FSX (I was thinking in Southwest Florida/Fort Myers Airport or New Orleans, but you can suggest me another airport, but please don't ask me to do a big airport like JFK, ORD or LAX :eek::D) but I'll need a lot of photos for the designs in Gmax and for textures, I searched in SSC websites and Google Earth but not enough pictures of Ft Myers and New Orleans airports

Please feel free for suggest :cool:

Best regards

ksrq, palm beach, stuart, key west, cross city, talahassee, daytona, ktix, all are delta or echo/golf airports. small to medium in size, and there are plenty of photos available.

Hello kevintampa5, thanks for replying :)

I'll take a look at KPBI, I'm collecting photos from Google Earth, Jetphotos and Airliners.net, but I still need more photos (specially pics from the terminals entries), can somebody help me please??

The scenery will be freeware

Last edited:
Im not planning a flight to PBI anytime soon. But I will be heading towards SRQ on the 13th. if you like I can try (key word try) to get some shots, however it is a class C airfield and will be limited to what is able to be done, as I will most likely be alone.
Lakeland linder KLAL is a nice little field. I can get some good photo's there with ease as I know the controllers at that field. And its a Delta airport so not as strict.

All ATC controlled airports are secured facilities and require approval from the management and/or the FAA-TSA-DHS to enter the premesis. There are no laws against taking photos from outside the perimeter of the property.

Basically any class E or G field you can probably just ask the management if you can go in and take some pics, you are working on a model of the airport, non-commercially. Then when you finish just send them some shots of it to be nice.
Now be aware, if the E or G airport has any scheduled airline operations, then you MUST get approval from the management and probably the FAA. If TSA or any passenger screening is performed at the airport, then you will need to have a DHS background screen performed before being allowed on the apron/tarmac. If you are given permission, stay away from the airline operations to be safe.
The government takes a 'Guilty until proven innocent' stance when it comes to aviation and violations of such things. Just get caught using a cell phone during taxi out after being told to turn it off. You will be removed from the ac and possibly arrested for failure to follow instructions/interfering with a flight crew/disrupting scheduled duties of a flight crew. The terms get screwy but the trouble is the same.
Now information provided in this post is subject to validation and may not be 100% accurate. If in doubt, check with the facility management and/or the FAA(FSDO offices located throughout the usa can answer some questions too. Even the TSA or Dept Homeland security can help you with questions).

I threw this together from memory, I did not verify in the regulations, so always ask the airport management. call the receptionist, or get the info at Airnav.com

For making buildings and such, you can get the heights and dimensions just using google earth or google maps and the measure tool. Its what Ive been using and my models look 98% like the real life version.

:eek:

Hi, thanks for the help, but if what you said is true, then I will NOT risk the people to face legal problems with the government agencies, I prefer to work with the material I collected from GE, JP.net and A.net

But anyway thank you for the offer :cool:

:eek:

Hi, thanks for the help, but if what you said is true, then I will NOT risk the people to face legal problems with the government agencies, I prefer to work with the material I collected from GE, JP.net and A.net

But anyway thank you for the offer :cool:
So your pretty much set on PBI?