• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX help with my water mask

Hello, everyone!Thank you for browsing my post at first!
I'm now making a satellite photo for my airport follow this tutorial https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/show...ry-for-FSX&s=9f27fe4324e81f0d283d17b8e9b6350e. At the PART III - Watermasks and Blendmasks (continued), he tells me how to make the Watermasks. I've make an Alpha for the Watermasks. But when I get in the game, as you can see Figure 1, the water looks like melted tin, it's not real at all.
The Figure 2 is the resample code for photoreal images with watermask, and the Figure 3 is its Alpha. The Figure 4 is the result that I want.
So can you tell me how to make the water of satellite photo real?
Thank you everyone!
1.jpg
Figure 1

2.jpg
Figure 2

3.jpg
Figure 3

4.jpg
Figure 4

Last edited:
you have to play with the grayscale values for the alpha. how much you want the photoreal show or how much you want the default wáter show, you know, black totally transparent. White totally opaque, and in between the grayscale

you have to play with the grayscale values for the alpha. how much you want the photoreal show or how much you want the default wáter show, you know, black totally transparent. White totally opaque, and in between the grayscale
Thank you for your replying! I know a little bit of what you said. What I want to show in the game is just like the Figure 5, the red arrow point to. You can see this lake looks reality. I need to show the photoreal 100%. So I painted black the water, but the water just like the Figure 1 shows. So what I need to deal with it? Thank you again!

5.jpg
Figure 5

you will need it be White to show the photoreal, but if you want to keep some default specular and reflections of the default fsx wáter it should be not totally White. it would be a Little of trial and error. I have no made too much wáter blending mask so can't say exactly but it could be de theory.

you will need it be White to show the photoreal, but if you want to keep some default specular and reflections of the default fsx wáter it should be not totally White. it would be a Little of trial and error. I have no made too much wáter blending mask so can't say exactly but it could be de theory.
Thank you very much!!!

The water mask should be completely black where the water is. The blend mask should be some shade of grey where the water is.

Not sure if this will work but possibly worth a try.

If you change the water class under those bodies of water, to one of the inshore brownish WCs, and then follow the the above, it might provide the look you are going for.

For those more experienced, if I am "out to lunch" with this idea, let me know. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the BGL is being stored here:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.4.22.19868 \ Environment SDK \ Resample Examples \ Output

But my BGL is not included.
I will do everything again and then we will see.

Grtz
Peter

I think the BGL is being stored here:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.4.22.19868 \ Environment SDK \ Resample Examples \ Output

But my BGL is not included.
I will do everything again and then we will see.

Grtz
Peter

The destination of your .bgl is defined by the .INF file.

[Destination]
DestDir = "." <----------
DestBaseFileName = "Nauru"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto
UseSourceDimensions = 1
CompressionQuality = 85

If you copied the .INF from that forum, the .bgl should be created in the same folder as Resample or the .INF file. (I have both on the same folder, so I don't know in which one it's created.)

If you can't find it try to execute Resample.exe as admin. In my case, If I don't, it just won't create a .bgl.
It's easy to know if that's the case... Once you copy the .INF to Resample, do you see Command Prompt open for a couple of minutes or it disappears right away? If it does, then execute it as admin.

Yeah!

I got him .
I was searching everywhere except in the resample folder / INF folder.

Thx Hugo

Grtz
Peter

Last edited: