• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX help with opening a bgl

Ok so im redeveloping cosford ab in the uk. To cut a long story short i already have some freeware that works in fsx. alfs uk airfields. its good but i was looking to change the frequencies as they are out of date. easy i thought open up the bgl then simply use the change frequencies button. not quite as when i open up the bgl only the runway appears and non of the other scenery such as the aprons appear as they do in fsx so when i replace the file back into my addon scenery folder, the rest of the scenery is gone.:mad: i have tried leaving the old bgl and the new one in there as well but only one loads, the one that has the lowest ;letter eg abcosford over afcosford so i have no scenery or no new frequencies. redesigning the airport wont work as for some reason when i put an apron into the design fsx freezes(program not responding) and windows closes it, so cant use fsx. does anybody know how to resolve this truly bezare problwm?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am not sure what is happening. FSX Planner has not been supported by the developer for a number of years now so it may be harder to diagnose the problem.

It seems that you are opening perhaps one of a group of Bgl files. Are there more than one with this scenery? I assume it is a third party addon and you are not trying to modify the stock airport?

I am not sure what is happening. FSX Planner has not been supported by the developer for a number of years now so it may be harder to diagnose the problem.

It seems that you are opening perhaps one of a group of Bgl files. Are there more than one with this scenery? I assume it is a third party addon and you are not trying to modify the stock airport?

Correct I am but all the objects that don't work are in the one file I change. The other files still display in fsx. All I miss is runway taxiway parking apron. The building (1 other file) and the windsock(another other file) are still displaying.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - can I then confirm whether these are showing in FSX Planner and not in FSX or are they missing in FSX Planner also?

OK - can I then confirm whether these are showing in FSX Planner and not in FSX or are they missing in FSX Planner also?

They were missing if I open the bgl direct but if I transfere to an XML it will show in planner but neither way will show in fsx. The original fle off the Internet is the only file that all the data works in.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you give me the download details for the addon? I can't check it in FSX Planner but I can check it in another airport design tool for FSX.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Unfortunately I am unable to get the download from there.

Country
england
It does download but takes a loooooong time before it starts to do so. :)
I have the zip and can post on if needed.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It does download but takes a loooooong time before it starts to do so. :)
I have the zip and can post on if needed.

Can you email it to me please? jon AT scruffyduck DOT co DOT uk

GHD

Country
england
It opens fine in ADE.

To see the buildings you also need to import EGWC_extras.BGL and EGWCwindsock.BGL.

It opens however when u then compile that to a bgl it will simply not show anything when u put it back into fsx. The apron is missing but buildings there as there a separate file to the one edited.

GHD

Country
england
Well there are one or two height problems for the runways and starts, but the only apron which doesn't display is the "clay" one.

Of course it doesn't fit with photographic scenery:

This is my version:

I was not using photographic scenery though now will. The taxiways were not showing either though after I edited the frequencies or the runway. Ur version looks better but that's not the same bgl if I'm right as I tried that one. Unfortunately waiting to get the vfr scenery to fit that particular Cosford and its slightly slower on my dinosaur pc.