• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help with ScenProc

I just discovered Scneproc and love the program. However, I can't seem to get it to write autogen files. After it completes it tells me that 0.00 seconds were spent to write the AGN files, and I can't see any AGN files in my output folder. What am I doing wrong?
Here is my code for my configuration file:

Code:
# Broward autogen test
IMPORTSHP|fl_adminbuildings.shp|NOREPROJ
IMPORTSHP|fl_natural.shp|NOREPROJ
#
SPLITGRID|AGN
#
SETAGNBUILDINGHEIGHT|1.0;0.0;0.0;0.0
#
#CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|type=forest|{0a7dd9ef-9e7f-4140-9ae8-5d1d5047176b}
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|type=forest|{e8b937fd-a1f2-4bd5-8548-2c80d30102af}
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|shpfile=fl_adminbuildings.shp|{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
#
WRITEAGNFILES|C:\Users\str\Desktop\agn

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

At first look your configuration file seems OK, but of course without the shapefiles I can't test it.

Do you see information that the shapefiles are being read? And that the objects are divided by the grid, etc? There should be progress information for all these.

Hi,

At first look your configuration file seems OK, but of course without the shapefiles I can't test it.

Do you see information that the shapefiles are being read? And that the objects are divided by the grid, etc? There should be progress information for all these.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I got all the progress reports that you got in your video on Youtube, however, for the last one, which says writing AGN files, it says 0.00 seconds, as if it didn't write anything. Maybe my shapefiles aren't correct? But I checked my shapefile from here, http://downloads.cloudmade.com/americas/northern_america/united_states/florida#downloads_breadcrumbs (once downloaded, the one called florida_natural.shp), and there was at least one forest polygon in it, for the area that I'm doing. I don't know if maybe my shapefiles don't have the correct information in them, since I have never worked with creating autogen for FSX or with shapefiles.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Let me check that shapefile, but sounds like the attributes might be different. In that case the filters won't return any objects.

Hi,

Let me check that shapefile, but sounds like the attributes might be different. In that case the filters won't return any objects.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. By the way, I didn't use that shapefile I mentioned above completely, I split it into a smaller area (approximately the size of a city vs the whole state of Florida), if that makes any difference.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
That shouldn't matter for the attributes. Did you check the shapefile in a gis program to see which attributes it contains?

That shouldn't matter for the attributes. Did you check the shapefile in a gis program to see which attributes it contains?

Yes, I was using quantum Gis like you use on your YouTube video. Could it be that the shape file had a lot of "water" attributes and very few "forests". To be honest, I only saw one case of forest in the area I'm working on, but multiple instances of "water", but I would expect that even if, hypothetically speaking, there was only 1 instance of a "forest" attribute, that sceneProc would still make autogen for it, correct?

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

scenProc is case sensitive. It seems in those shapefiles the attribute is called TYPE, not type.

Hi,

scenProc is case sensitive. It seems in those shapefiles the attribute is called TYPE, not type.

That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to help me find the cause of this problem. I have one more question, can I simply type "TYPE" in the scenproc configuration file, and it will work? Or wil I have to somehow change these attributes to "type"?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can just type TYPE. You can use any attribute present in the shapefile in your filters, not only those I show in the examples.