FSXA How are FS9 and FSX aircraft identified

I have recently downloaded some Jetstream 31 aircraft from PAD and, along with some Jetstream 41 types from Just Flight Traffic 360, I have added these to my SimObjects listings.

I always use the excellent "AI Aircraft Editor" program to edit the 'aircraft.cfg' files for any aircraft that I add to my system (I always find that these files are generally badly composed by the originators). When I look at both of these types of added aircraft, AI Aircraft Editor shows both types to be "FSX" types as opposed to "FS9" or "P3D". However, when I go into AIFP and go into the AIFP Aircraft Editor, the Jetstream 31 types are shown as FS9 types and the Jetstream 41 types are shown as FSX types.

My question is - what information does AIFP use to determine the type as FS9 or FSX or even P3D? I am guessing that there is something in the aircraft.cfg files that differentiates but I cannot see it.

I have recently downloaded some Jetstream 31 aircraft from PAD and, along with some Jetstream 41 types from Just Flight Traffic 360, I have added these to my SimObjects listings.

I always use the excellent "AI Aircraft Editor" program to edit the 'aircraft.cfg' files for any aircraft that I add to my system (I always find that these files are generally badly composed by the originators). When I look at both of these types of added aircraft, AI Aircraft Editor shows both types to be "FSX" types as opposed to "FS9" or "P3D". However, when I go into AIFP and go into the AIFP Aircraft Editor, the Jetstream 31 types are shown as FS9 types and the Jetstream 41 types are shown as FSX types.

My question is - what information does AIFP use to determine the type as FS9 or FSX or even P3D? I am guessing that there is something in the aircraft.cfg files that differentiates but I cannot see it.
Normally you can proof this opening the mdl-file with any editor. On the beginning you can find eg MDL8MDLH this is a FS9 model. MDLXMDLH would be a FSX-model. For P3D I don’t know.
If AIFP follows this system I don’t know also.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Normally you can proof this opening the mdl-file with any editor. On the beginning you can find eg MDL8MDLH this is a FS9 model. MDLXMDLH would be a FSX-model. For P3D I don’t know.
If AIFP follows this system I don’t know also.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
For a P3D model it says PV20MDLH.

Thanks to all for the information.

I now see that AI Aircraft Editor is NOT telling me the type of aircraft is FS9 / FSX / P3D or whatever but is saying which flightsims are found on my set up - in my case FSX of course.

AIAE tells you as well what model type. It is on the second tab, below the exit section where you can change the model radius.

From mobile hence short

Martin,
yes I have found this item - I suppose I have been so used to 'seeing' "FSX" in this box that I probably wasn't taking any notice of it.

Thanks