• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How can I batch resample hundreds of aerial images ?

Country
france
Hello all,

After encountering several timeout errors when downloading and processing aerial imagery with FSET, I decided to skip the “resample to BGL” step to gain processing time, thus avoiding the fatal timeout error.
Furthermore I thought this would be an opportunity to try out some colour balancing with Metrix before starting the resample step.

Now I have hundreds of BMP images (including seasonal changes, masks and thumbnails), plus their pertaining .INF files, as well as TXT files related to masks.

Is there a convenient way to perform resampling as a batch process for all those files, without having to manually add detailed information for each of those "hundreds" in the INI file intended for “resample.exe” ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Country
paraguay
Hello, not answer your question but Im interested in learn how to make a matchmaking satellital pictures, its a hard work but I read with Metrix its more easy, do you have a video tutorial to show us how use this tool? Thanks

Country
us-illinois
Last edited:
Country
france
Hello, not answer your question but Im interested in learn how to make a matchmaking satellital pictures, its a hard work but I read with Metrix its more easy, do you have a video tutorial to show us how use this tool? Thanks

Hello,

Here's where I learned about METRIX : https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/gimp-question.428948/
and here's a basic tutorial on how to use it : http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/instruc.html
As you will see, it needs two image files to perform the balancing process.

At the time I started this thread, I was not aware that I first would need to balance colours within single tiles/files,
before using METRIX to match a set of images.

So using Photoshop, I started to extract the non-matching areas and save each as a separate image, then perform the balancing steps,
and later on re-assemble/blend the patchwork properly. But honestly, this is a lot of work : more than I can afford to do now...

Meanwhile I considered downloading an updated set of images, then mix both sets to replace the 'faulty' tiles.
Hopefully this will give a better result :)

Chris

Country
france

Hello Gary,

thank you for your reply.

I'll have a close look at all these items and surely find some valuable information to reflect on :)

Chris

Country
us-illinois
Hi Chris:

If this is for a personal project rather than a commercial one, you may find the current imagery for ex: EDRO in SBuilderX v315 via the Google_api3_Satellite tile server to be rather well color-matched already.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/49°01'54.0"N+7°59'27.0"E/@49.031667,7.988639,454m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d49.031667!4d7.990833

IMHO, since most photo-real in that area is likely to be largely obscured by Autogen, you might only need to adjust the color palette to match that of FSX / P3D, rather than to be as detailed as Metrix allows (...but at a cost in manual labor).

This could likely be done via a semi-automated procedure using Photoshop's batch processing feature: :idea:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Um...0..0.93.93.1......0....1..gws-wiz.taq9TxLn_DY

BTW: John Venema of OrbX discusses making seasonal textures:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic...nity-question/?do=findComment&comment=1459536

PS: Even if you have licensed imagery that needs 'some' color matching, you could set up a batch routines to apply certain presets that may be required based on visual inspection in a preview mode as you view adjacent imagery tiles.

I hope this info might also prove helpful as you consider ways to reduce some of the work-load for your project. :)

GaryGB

Last edited: