How can I edit animations?

Hello,

Can you, please, help me with finding info on how I can edit animations with MCX? Or can I at all?

I want to correct a small bug in the Milviz Turbo Otter model. The landing gear indicator needle moves the wrong way and points to wrong directions (indicates gear up when they are down and vice versa). See the video.

I spent almost an hour trying to figure the thing out on my own, but to no avail.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

At the moment you can't edit animations in MCX. I'm planning to add some basic editing in the future.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Reversing an animation is one new feature I added in the development release of yesterday, so you can do that from the hierarchy editor now.

But more advanced editing of animations is not yet possible.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

Yep, just find the animated part in the Hierarchy Editor, click on the word Animation in the right panel, right click it, and choose Reverse Animation.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. The animation has broken completely. Now the needle just jerks into wrong places without any animation. Maybe I did something wrong? I just found the needle in the hierarchy, highlighted it and then selected "Reverse animation"...

=rk=

Resource contributor
Reversing an animation is one new feature I added in the development release of yesterday, so you can do that from the hierarchy editor now.

But more advanced editing of animations is not yet possible.
Still no update alert here...