• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE How can I remove a stock airport terminal in P3D V4.5 using ADE 178

Country
us-illinois
So, I've spent weeks, literally, trying to remove the stock terminals that are in KCLE. I am using ADE to create and save a redesigned airport, even the third party add-ons have wrong layouts and they all use the same stock library objects. So, my problem is that if I use the stock terminals in my redesigned airport, then I get duplicate terminals when in the sim because KCLE is part of a large .bgl (APV26170.bgl/OBX26170.bgl) and therefore cannot be turned off. So, I even tried creating a duplicate of the stock airport to use as an exclusions airport. I tried creating an exclusion rectangle for both terminals and setting it to library objects, also tried just deleting them. To more accurately coincide with the photo real scenery that I am using for KCLE, I had to scale up, rotate, and move the stock terminals that are in my redesigned airport.
I'm at a loss at this point, it seems like ADE won't do the exclusion with P3D V 4.5, and deleting the terminals doesn't work either. I also tried saving a copy of OBX26170.bgl in my scenery folder and renaming it, and then setting ADE to use that file instead for library objects, but that didn't work either, probably since the GUIDs are still the same.

I am seriously considering building my own terminals in Blender, which has a steep learning curve. What I would really like to do is modify the stock terminals (shape etc.), give them a new GUID (for personal use of course!). But I don't think there is a way to get those models out of the OBX26170.bgl, does anyone know anything about this as well?

Any help would be appreciated, this is my first attempt at this, but I have been buried in it for almost a month's worth of research, I have come really far with all the other redesign aspects of the airport (to match the photo real background image), so I think I am beyond entry level (maybe!). I'm using ADE 1.78 Pro. My initial reason for wanting to redesign is that the stock airport is completely wrong (it still shows runway 6C!), and each add-on I bought or downloaded as freeware has outdated information/design flaws in them! So, I fly into KCLE using the latest Aerosoft A320 Pro, which I love, but it is using the latest Navdata in it's FMS, so there is a huge mismatch on approach for example!

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
I finally solved my problem! I was battling duplicate objects all over the airport. I tried both exclusion rectangles and just deleting and it didn't work. So, first, this is the structure that I am finally using: I created a folder outside of the simulator called "BP_scenery. Inside of that I have 2 folders - BP_Airports and BP_Exclusions. So, I loaded the stock KCLE airport into ADE and only used delete to remove all objects, signs, aprons, etc. from the lists drop down, plus the 1 runway that is decommissioned. I did not use any exclusion rectangles, that is what was causing my issue with P3D4.5. I saved it into the BP_exclusions/scenery folder. Then I finished up the KCLE airport changes, including changing the altitude and save it into BP_airports/scenery folder. I used P3D Addon Organizer to set BP_airports just under all my payware scenery, and BP_Exclusions directly under that. Everything is now working great now! One last note, I also don't know if this helped, but I also exported the objects I wanted to use from the stock objects for KCLE (using ADE export objects) and then imported each of those exported ADE objects into the custom airport I was designing.