FSX How do I Cover a Portion of a Photo Real Image

Hi Gary,

I assume I did this correctly and here are my results of the ArcGIS image bgl in FSX:

KBHM AchGIS.jpg

The runways and the taxiways all line up perfectly. But noticed the runways are shorter than what's shown in the image. That's how long they were back in the 1970s and 1980s. The National Guard on the north side is totally different than what it was in 1970. It was a housing project then, but the airport bought out the property.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

You can use Airport Design Editor to shorten the length of the runways - just select the runway in the editor, right click, and it will give a list of options, one of which is called "Properties" or similar. In there will be runway lengths, widths, styles etc, so you can edit until the runway fits perfectly.

Hi Ken,

You can use Airport Design Editor to shorten the length of the runways - just select the runway in the editor, right click, and it will give a list of options, one of which is called "Properties" or similar. In there will be runway lengths, widths, styles etc, so you can edit until the runway fits perfectly.

Hi Deano1973,

Yes, that's correct. If you look closely at the photo above, you can see that's what I've done. This airport has gone through 3 or 4 changes and that's why I wanted an image from that time period so that I would have everything as it exited. I grew up living around that airport and seen a lot of changes. Noticed in the photo that I did not draw certain taxiways because they did not exist then. I had to use the original images to determine that because it's been so long ago. Also notice how the National Guard apron has been twisted and repaved since the 1970s. It's on the north side of the field. It's not only things regarding the runways and taxiways, but it's also the ramp, terminals buildings, and the landscape surrounding the airport is the reason I prefer the original images.

Ken.

Last edited:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...tion-of-a-photo-real-image.441699/post-826338

Hi Gary,

I assume I did this correctly and here are my results of the ArcGIS image bgl in FSX:

(Image not included in quote)

The runways and the taxiways all line up perfectly. But noticed the runways are shorter than what's shown in the image. That's how long they were back in the 1970s and 1980s. The National Guard on the north side is totally different than what it was in 1970. It was a housing project then, but the airport bought out the property.

Ken.
Hi Ken:

Looks like you're off to a good start ! :)

More info to come soon... ;-)

GaryGB