• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How do i get rid of the trees on my new airport?

Country
us-florida
I just started to creat my first airport with APD. I have trees on wrys, taxy ways... When i created the polygon i opend the window for exclusions and i can't figure it out.. Can someone please help me get rid of the trees please?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I assume this is for FSX?

Select the Terrain Polygon Tool and draw a polygon around the area you want to clear. Make sure to finish it with a double click for the last point.

When the property dialog opens select Airport Background as the Type and Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutogen. Click OK to save it.

Country
unitedkingdom
Can this be done within ADE9 for FS9 files?

I have used another program for this in my own projects (creating additional exclude bgls), but I wondered whether ADE9 covered this too...

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No not yet in ADE9 but it will be added in a later version. For FS9 SBuilder is a good tool for terrain work

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
To remove autogen trees in FS9 I use ExcBuilder2, and set it to Exclude All. Obviously your exclude rectangles will need to avoid default objects you want to keep. :) The simplest way to avoid that kind of thing is to Import them into your ADE file so they are safe from your exclusions.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
To remove autogen trees in FS9 I use ExcBuilder2, and set it to Exclude All. Obviously your exclude rectangles will need to avoid default objects you want to keep. :) The simplest way to avoid that kind of thing is to Import them into your ADE file so they are safe from your exclusions.

Hope this helps,

Alternatively if it is just removing trees and things then you can also create an exclusion rectangle in ADE9. However while this will work fine there can be unexpected consequences as Tom says by removing some things you do not want to remove. A terrain flatten/exclude does not have this potential problem.

Best would be to try the exclusion rectangle first and it this gives problems then go on to SBuilder

Country
us-florida
I tryed.....:confused: no luck... Does it need to be in a particular order? I know when laying out you need to start with the apron, But should i do the polygon first? :confused:

Country
us-florida
My review with creenshots.

FSX,,, I been toying around with if for a couple days now.... I'm kind of new at it but so far i think I've managed abit of the cool features of the program. :D if i can manage to iron out the kinks I'd be ready to share.
Still having trouble clearing out the land for prep and I'm still lost with elevation options. This is my first test airport and i go back almost everyday and add stuff to it. It's a medic station in the rocky mountains equipped with a 2000 ft Rwy and 2 helipads. I hope to some how merge this into a mission
2010-1-17_15-16-43-640.jpg

2010-1-17_4-36-47-906.jpg

2010-1-18_22-4-30-390.jpg

2010-1-17_18-15-34-421.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed those. At this point i i can say I'm addicted to this..:)

Last edited:
I tryed to work with Sbuilderx and i didn't know where to start. Got lost with the whole mapping system..:confused:

You stated above that your new airport is FSX. You do not need SbuilderX to flatten the ground around your airport, remove the unwanted trees and make a new airport ground texture.

ADE9X will do all that for you if you read the documents and work with the Poly's in the proper manner.

Country
us-florida
You stated above that your new airport is FSX. You do not need SbuilderX to flatten the ground around your airport, remove the unwanted trees and make a new airport ground texture.

ADE9X will do all that for you if you read the documents and work with the Poly's in the proper manner.

Can you walk me throu it?

F70

Country
netherlands
Hello,

I am editing Jvile excellent EHAM and had trees and some houses on the taxiway,it's the taxiway by 18C /36C left and right from the runway.
And i follow scruffyduck's instructions and nothing change,but i remember i read somewhere about the cvx.bgl.
When i compile my airport i have two files EHAM_ADEX_OXI.BGL and EHAM_ADEX_OXI_CVX.bgl and copy the two files in "Addon Scenery\Senery" and the trees and houses are gone.:D

Sorry about my English hope you can read my message and hope this help.

Jan.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hello,

I am editing Jvile excellent EHAM and had trees and some houses on the taxiway,it's the taxiway by 18C /36C left and right from the runway.
And i follow scruffyduck's instructions and nothing change,but i remember i read somewhere about the cvx.bgl.
When i compile my airport i have two files EHAM_ADEX_OXI.BGL and EHAM_ADEX_OXI_CVX.bgl and copy the two files in "Addon Scenery\Senery" and the trees and houses are gone.:D

Sorry about my English hope you can read my message and hope this help.

Jan.

No problem with your english :) It is the CVX file that contains instructions to remove trees and houses.

Country
australia
Tried everything :(

Hi all,
I just read this post as I was having similar problems... I am very very new to ADE but I can't seem to get rid of trees that are popping up on my apron and taxiways...
I'm editing a small airport in Kyrgyzstan, just for practice...

I tried everything I've seen above and am really stuck :banghead:. Can anyone help and explain really simply how you can get rid of these trees?

I'm running FSX by the way, and the airport in question in Tamchy UAFL.

Thanks
Peter

Country
unitedkingdom
It real is very easy the instructions are all there explaining how to do it.

Alternatively payware AFX(afcad for fsx & fs9) will solve the tree problem or autogen with a simple box placed around a single objects or the whole airfield.

regards

Attachments

• AFX.jpg
    AFX.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Whooooooo :D
Nobody need AFX - for what ?

ADE does the same and it is cheaper by now.
Thanks You Scruffyduck. :eek:

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
I tried everything I've seen above and am really stuck :banghead:. Can anyone help and explain really simply how you can get rid of these trees?

Simply add an airport background. Here is a Micky Mouse rendition of UAFL:

Without the airport background:

With the airport background: