• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How do I make a city disappear?

I am remodeling an island in which I see a mid-sized city (no large buildings though) where actually no city exists. I think it is because some time ago the satellite imagery was not so detailed in that area and those not familiar with this geographic part assumed it was a city when in fact it was a large grass clearing.

I need to make this city disappear from FSX but don't quite know how. I created a large polygon in that area and tagged it with the mid city non-grid wet but it does not go away.

Is there a polygon tag to *exclude* all city-like landclasses in that polygon? and if not, how do I know which city landclass polygon was used without having to do trial and error on the around 15 city polygons? is there a sample catalog someplace?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Is it the default scenery that the city comes from? In that case I think it is just normal landclass (raster), not polygons. So I think the only way to get rid of it would be update the raster landclass or place a terrain polygon with the proper type over it.

I am not sure if it is the default or the Cloud's XClass I got for evaluation. In any case it is out of place because it is natural reserve & national park. I tried using one EXclude but the city was still there. It is definitely not photoreal.

OK now I did everything I could. I modified my project with about 15 copies of the same polygon, one for each combination of (sub)urban (non)grid dry/wet for Small, Medium AND Large cities.

I compiled the BGL which included all these exclusions and... the city is still there! how can that be? I even tried (before that) an Exclude__Everything and I got a large ground polygon covering the sea (which I expected) but the city was still there!

My last resort was to remove the Cloud 9's South America LandClass (a single BGL) and the city was GONE! the problem is that by removing that third party landclass then a lot of areas that are supposed to be virgin forest appear as plain grass or plantations which is TOTALLY WRONG. So, I found the culprit.

How can I get rid of that geographic insult (the city)? without removing the above mentioned landclass?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Looks like the city is landclass then, this can not be removed with an exclude as far as I know. I would try to put a polygon on top of it with the type you want (forest).