FS2004 How do I tell AIFP to update an old Airports.txt file with data from a custom AirportsList?

When tweaking older traffic files and saving as new filesets, I get a message box that says "The flight plans/and or other data contain errors or other shortcomings. As well, the following airports:" which then fills my entire screen listing every single airport in the text file. The only way to exit it is to press enter, since the ok button is out of sight (my resolution is 1366x768).

My question is, since I use multiple addon airports, my own and downloaded online, and I do have "Use addon airport data" enabled, how do I tell AIFP to bulk update the airports.txt file with the internal info it has so I don't get the message? I tried moving the airports.txt file to a temporary location to make AIFP generate a new airports.txt for the file set, but no luck, I still got the screen consuming error box upon saving he fileset. I looked through the manual and it only references the options available as updating the internal dat file, unless Im missing something hiding in plain sight? :)

gadgets

Resource contributor
QUOTE]When tweaking older traffic files and saving as new filesets, I get a message box that says "The flight plans/and or other data contain errors or other shortcomings. As well, the following airports:" which then fills my entire screen listing every single airport in the text file[/QUOTE]Presumably the message is telling you there are a bunch of unused airports in the text file. AIFP will discard unused airports

The only way to exit it is to press enter, since the ok button is out of sight (my resolution is 1366x768).
Did you try the little "X" in the upper right hand corner of the window?

how do I tell AIFP to bulk update the airports.txt file
you can't. As I implied above, AIFP only saves airports used in the flightplans. Why do you want to save unused airports?

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
The x button is greyed out, rendering it unusable.
Enabling/disabling of screen windows is purely a Windows function. Even though the window with the list is displayed, focus remains with the current window until you click somewhere on the list window. I suspect this is the reason the list window "X" was disabled.

If that is not the case, please forward to me the flight plan set you were using at the time as well as detailed instructions to reproduce the issue so I can investigate.

Don