• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How Do You Remove or Exclude Animated Cars From An Airport

Country
australia
G'day, I've just started recreating an old airport that was closed down quite some time ago to make way for housing development and all is going well. However, except for the fact that there is a suburban street running through where the airstrip used to be and animated cars are traversing said street, right across the newly reinstated airstrip.

How do I get rid of these animated cars?

I've excluded the roads, street lights etc, but there doesn't seem to be any way in the SDK of how to remove the animated cars as well.

I've done a search on here to see if anyone has asked the same, or similar question, and only found an old thread from back in 2020 which provided a link about animated objects, but that link is no longer valid.

Can anyone shed some light on how to get rid of these cars and stop driving over the airstrip? :p

Cheers.

Country
thailand
I found that adjusting the polygon size that's excluding traffic helps. If it's too small it may not exclude the road traffic. If that doesn't work, before this traffic exclusion feature was in the sdk, I created a large invisible & untextured object in blender with 'road surface' checked so that traffic would drive on it. It needed to be placed on an angle through the road and then the traffic would drive under the ground on the object. It's not perfect but you won't see them anymore at least :)

Country
australia
I found that adjusting the polygon size that's excluding traffic helps. If it's too small it may not exclude the road traffic. If that doesn't work, before this traffic exclusion feature was in the sdk, I created a large invisible & untextured object in blender with 'road surface' checked so that traffic would drive on it. It needed to be placed on an angle through the road and then the traffic would drive under the ground on the object. It's not perfect but you won't see them anymore at least :)
Sounds like a solution :) No idea how to use blender though, one day I might have enough time to get into it, for now, learning the basics of the SDK is time consuming 😟

As far as excluding road traffic, that option doesn't seem to be available anymore, which doesn't make any sense why they would remove such an essential feature. You can exclude roads, street lights and power lines, so one would think that it would make sense that you could also remove vehicles on said roads too. What's the point of being able to remove a road and still have animated vehicles driving up and down on a road that is no longer there!? Makes no sense at all 🤪

I'm sure Asobo do things like this just to try everyone's patience 😒 That is, unless I'm missing something, such as where is the excluding traffic option in the SDK? 🙄

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Dick could not state it more plainly, so I will try to state it differently. You must exclude the "origin" of the traffic vector line and you only need a tiny square. If you can't find the root, cover the whole thing, bigfully, of course. There never had been an option to remove road traffic, although can can disable all road traffic in general setting. There has always been an option to place excludes, both universal and specific.

Country
australia
@=rk= Thanks for your input, which one is Dick? :p I have to point out that I'm a complete noob with this SDK. I get the bit about overwriting the area of the animation with a polygon, but can you please explain what you mean by "general setting", where do I find a general setting?

And the only excludes I know of are under the properties of a particular polygon.

Cheers.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Here's a visual sequence:

Untitled01.png

Untitled02.png

Untitled03.png

Country
australia
G'day Dick, that's brilliant thank you 😊 I muchly appreciate you showing a visual explanation, it helps immensely 👍

I should be able to sort that little problem out now 😊

Cheers,
Alan

UPDATE: Just did exactly what your images showed, found the lines for the roads, there's was quite a few in this case, drew a polygon over them and excluded the roads and voila! No more traffic, beautiful, thank s heaps 😊 👍

Last edited:
Country
australia
G'day again, another question regarding this I'm hoping you can help me with. I successfully removed the animated vehicles using the method you described, but after creating a ground texture polygon, when I zoom in on it, I can actually see the remnants of the roads (see attached pic), and I can still hear the vehicles, Is there any way to clear both of those things or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Alan

Attachments

• Ground Texture Polygon.jpg
    Ground Texture Polygon.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 72