• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 How put some trees on a photo scenery?

Country
brazil
Hi all!
I'm newbie on the scenery maker world. I'd like plant some trees in a photo scenery. Which tools can I use for this? Is there any tutorial?
Thanks in advance.

Cláudio

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Is it a big area? If so, autogen is probably best. You can use the Annotator tool from the SDK for that. For a small area you could place them with Instant Scenery or a tool like that.

Country
brazil
Hi Arno and thanks for your response.
I've tried using the Annotador for FS2004, but I got some buildings and not some trees on a small area on the photo scenery (in this case a photo scenery of the Manaus, my home).
Is the Annotador able to put some autogen on a photo scenery? I'd like to make some "better than default" for my home town.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, you can place vegetation rectangles with Annotator as well.

Country
brazil
Yes, you can place vegetation rectangles with Annotator as well.

Oh, OK. I will try it again.
I don't know, if I am not wrong...but in the Annotator documentation, is written that it works for default ground texture and not for custom texture...something like that...

Last edited:
Country
brazil
This is my current situation...

Attachments

• received_708293342880075.jpeg
    received_708293342880075.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 280
  • received_200469770854035.jpeg
    received_200469770854035.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 270
A

Aviasim

Within the annotator's "Autogen Configuration Editor", you need to load up your autogendescriptions.spb, click the tree you want to use from the "Vegetation Groupings" menu and then hit "Set GUID" next to the Vegetation button inside the "Control" panel and then press 'V' or the 'Vegetation' button. Not sure is FS9's annotator allows you to use "polygon region" but if so, you can use that to draw polys of vegetation on your image.

Country
brazil
Within the annotator's "Autogen Configuration Editor", you need to load up your autogendescriptions.spb, click the tree you want to use from the "Vegetation Groupings" menu and then hit "Set GUID" next to the Vegetation button inside the "Control" panel and then press 'V' or the 'Vegetation' button. Not sure is FS9's annotator allows you to use "polygon region" but if so, you can use that to draw polys of vegetation on your image.

Oh, thanks Darren for your support.
I'll try this on this weekend.
Are that instructions for Annotator for FS2004? I don't remember to see "Set GUID" on the menu bar of the Annotator for the FS2004. That instruction is available in the FSX version.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
No, the FS2004 Annotator doesn't use all those guids. In the options you can set two tree types and their density. That's all. And you can only draw rectangles, no polygons.

Country
brazil
No, the FS2004 Annotator doesn't use all those guids. In the options you can set two tree types and their density. That's all. And you can only draw rectangles, no polygons.

Thanks a lot, Arno and Aviasim. I got them!
But, I think that they are so sparse...is there any way to become a massive cover of trees?

My next step will be put some road on the photo scenery.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you draw more rectangles they become more dense.