• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How to add ramp staircase in the "services.xml"?

Country
sweden
I have created a domestic small airport based on the MSFS default scenery and succeeded to remove the pushback vehicle as it isnt in use at this airport, now I wonder how I program the services.xml to add a ramp staircase as their is no gate jetway either?
Appreciate any help!
Akki
Skärmklipp.JPG

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I've seen the stairs using MCX, you could always extract the model and add it as a new object, change the GUID if you have to.

Country
sweden
Not sure I understand what you mean- I was more thinking if I could get the motorized staircase ( available at larger airports default) implemented in the services.xml lines? And call for it via the ATC?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
No. I had seen the actual staircases. As to implementing an airstair, to work as an animated jetway, I do not believe that is possible.
You could do the same I'd described to get a static one, or you may be able to implement it to appear and move, but getting an animated airstair to connect to a defined doorway in the model file, I think it beyond the ability of the simulator.

Jetways can do it, because they have a very limited range of travel and the model must be placed exactly in the right spot for the jetway to meet the doorway.

stairs.JPG

Country
norway
Add this to the <Services> section for that parking type in your services.xml

<Service name ="BoardingRamp" Filename="Shared\Asobo_BoardingRamp\BoardingRamp" AIType="BOARDINGRAMP" Frequency="1"
SpawnDistanceParkingRadiusFactor="1.0" SpawnDistanceAdditionalOffset="17" SpawnAngleFromParking="-70" HeadingFromParkingHeading="94"/>

Adjust the Offsets and headings to match where you want the boarding ramp to spawn.

Country
sweden
OK, now I better understand- and the right expression is ofcourse "boarding ramp".

Great thanks- I will try to implement that in the xml and report back.

Country
sweden
I probably added these lines not correct- the ramp do not show up.
I have enclosed the xml that I edited, did a save of the airport bgl in the Project editor in Developer mode and a new Build. (Ive changed the extension to txt to be alloud to be uploaded here.)

Attachments

• Services.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 131
Country
norway
Hi, looks good as far as I can tell, did a quick test and added your services.xml to one of my projects and after building the package the boarding ramp shows correctly, this is at a Medium Gate.
So not sure what's wrong on your end, but the xml entry does look correct.

service_test_msfs.jpg

Country
sweden
Peculiar. Can it be my Parking position GA-Large that is the problem? And do you have a way (when it is working) to keep the ramp stay more than 30 seconds? I know the xml is working as I have edited the pushback away from this location as the aircraft depart by a left turn on its own.

Country
sweden
Cant achive the Boarding ramp to attend despite of having it implemented in the Services file as discussed and Builded. See enclosures. I wonder if my folder setup is correct?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Skärmklipp2.JPG
    Skärmklipp2.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 102
Country
sweden
Ive now found that it is the A320FBW version that prevent the ramp to show up, it works with the standard Asobo version. But why is the ramp disconnection without my request after 30-40 seconds?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 157