P3D v4 how to combine scenary coastline with ORBX vector?

Initially, the scenary was created without the support of the vector, after adding the vector, part of the scenary with water area became irrelevant, how to cut it off correctly to combine with the coastline of the vector?

the original looks like this:
ddd.jpg

when I delete the water area:
aaa.jpg

in sim:
eee.jpg
coastline of the vector:
rrr.jpg

URML_ADEX_Den.ad4.rar

Last edited:
Use local Torrent BGLs of FreeMeshX terrain mesh as a base for URML scenery, unless you have more precise local GIS elevation data. :pushpin:

To learn procedures to make more accurate scenery in local FS world areas, you may wish to review this tutorial: :teacher:

Terrain Design

File Description:
Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X

This simple illustrated document explains the basic concepts in Flight Simulator X terrain, and how to change them using SBuilder for FS X. Make new water bodies, roads, vehicle traffic, airport flattens, remove autogen, add more detail - anybody can do it easily and quickly.
My most sincere apologies - I am unable, for lack of free time, to offer support of any kind. For questions or problems, please post in the Avsim scenery design forum.

Filename: terrain_design_for_flight_simulator_x.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 14th December 2009, 13:29:15
Downloads: 16648
Author: Luis Feliz-Tirado
Size: 3991kb

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=141643

To make more accurate FS scenery, you are likely to also encounter these topics at some point as well:

Make photo-real ground textures

File Description:
It is very easy to create your very own high-resolution, custom (photo-real) ground textures. This document explains the concepts and techniques and illustrates the use of SBuilderX with which you can quickly and easily download aerial images and make this type of scenery. So, why hesitate? Make Flight Simulator scenery as real as it gets! Very sorry - no support of any kind is offered. Please do not write. For any questions, please post in the Avsim Scenery Design Forum.

Filename: make_photo-real_ground_textures_in_fs_x.zip
Added: 21st November 2009, 23:20:06
Downloads: 17714
Size: 2143kb

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=140539

Using the Autogen Annotator

File Description:
The Autogen Annotator is a powerful tool for modifying the autogen of default ground textures or adding autogen to custom (photo-real) ground. This document illustrates the use of the tool, and includes a pictorial guide to all autogen object types. Very sorry - no support of any kind is offered. Please do not write. For any questions, please post in the Avsim Scenery Design Forum.

Filename: using_the_autogen_annotator_264833.zip
Added: 21st November 2009, 16:18:51
Downloads: 4220
Size: 8930kb

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=140537

GaryGB

yes ,i use a free mesh :stirthepo
thank you, this is a very good reference, but in my case I just need to cut part of the project so that the scene’s area does not extend to the right more than 1000 meters, the area further (to the right of the airport) will cover the vector automatically:wizard:
and I can’t cut the project so that it only extends to the airport area, not more...
I cut, but I get this square, I don’t understand what it is...
poly error.jpg

Last edited:
Compile the ADE project

Extract ESRI *.SHP files from ADE output *CVX*.BGL with CvxExtractor

Append all CvxExtractor output *.SHP files to a SBuilderX project

SBuilderX Menu > View > QMID Grid > Level-11

Terrain scenery must be segmented on QMID-11 boundaries

Clip / segment CVX vector scenery to FS terrain grid 'quad' sizes as follows:

Freeway Traffic - QMID-15

All Else - QMID-11

See also:

SBuilderX Menu > Help > {Search tab} > keyword: Lines > [List Topics] > Working with Points, Lines and Polygons

PS: QMID-15 / LOD-13 quad grid interval = +/- 1023 Meters:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Freeway Traffic - QMID-15

All Else - QMID-11
Oh, thanks and how to separately set a different QMID Grid in one project? I did not find how to do this ...
I can choose just one thing or create a separate project with freeway traffic where I will set QMID 15.

And I tried different options QMID Grid, the problem with these squares remains :confused:
poly error.jpg

Last edited:
I am not certain I completely understand your goals for this project; please explain more clearly if my interpretation below is wrong. :scratchch

* IIUC, you want to Exclude the OrbX FTX Vector objects in QMID-11 and QMID-15 terrain grid quads within URML airport area.

* But, you want to still use those OrbX FTX Vector objects in QMID-11 and QMID-15 terrain grid quads East of URML airport area.

* You intend to Replace those OrbX FTX Vector objects in QMID-11 and QMID-15 terrain grid quads within URML airport area.

FYI: If you modify any existing underlying default or custom scenery, you must Exclude and then Replace CVX vector scenery objects.

If you do wish to display OrbX FTX Vectors East of URML airport, but do not wish to display OrbX FTX Vectors within URML airport,
you must Exclude and then Replace OrbX FTX Vector objects in QMID-11 and QMID-15 terrain grid quads within URML airport area.

[EDITED]

NOTE: You must perform the same tasks for underlying default FS CVX vector objects described above for OrbX Vectors. :alert:

Open in SDK TMFViewer:

[FSX install path]\Scenery\0702\scenery\dem0702.bgl

...or the local FreeMeshX terrain mesh BGL

...along with:

[FSX install path]\Scenery\0702\scenery\cvx6016.bgl

...to see pertinent terrain scenery objects and elevation values used in FSX at run time, which you may wish to modify. :pushpin:

TIP: Extract FSX default cvx6016 CVX vector objects with CvxExtractor; Append to SBuilderX as 'primitives' to be edited.

Use edited cvx6016 CVX vector object 'primitives' as local replacement CVX vectors for URML airport area. :idea:

[END_EDIT]

When a CVX vector scenery object Exclude Polygon with the correct GUID compiled by SDK SHP2VEC intersects / overlaps anywhere along the poly-line of the CVX vector scenery object, will effectively Exclude that entire scenery object from being displayed anywhere within the entire terrain Grid quad in which it is located.

Note that such a CVX vector Exclude Polygon is distinct from a Exclusion Rectangle compiled by SDK BGLComp.

Thus, a 'Excluded' Poly-line / Polygon for Freeway Traffic will not be rendered in FS at run time anywhere within the local QMID-15 quad

And, a 'Excluded' Poly-line / Polygon for other CVX objects will not be rendered in FS at run time anywhere within the local QMID-11 quad.

BTW: Smaller individual CVX vector scenery objects within those quads can also 'sometimes' be selectively Excluded via ex: (2) overlapping Exclude Polygons, each with a specific / correct GUID to achieve the exclusion ...without creating big Exclude Polygons over entire quads.

You may also wish to review the work-flow discussed by / with Mark (one of the SBuilderX Beta Testers) ...in this thread:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6360

...and a handy tip for 'joining' multiple Lines in SBuilderX by rhumbaflappy:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sbuilderx-how-to-join-and-copy-lines.11850/

Additionally, here's a few links which might yield some insights on how to work with lines / polygons in SBuilderX:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=S7MkXd3QDY2C9PwPpsOqqAo&q=site:www.fsdeveloper.com+GaryGB+SBuilderX+norman+SWF+ydro+flatten&oq=site:www.fsdeveloper.com+GaryGB+SBuilderX+norman+SWF+ydro+flatten&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2125.50802..51528...4.0..0.223.4113.47j1j1......0....1j2..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0.3KiYO1yxolI

Of particular note is the SBuilderX developer Luis Sa' tutorial video (ShockWave Flash format) showing 'clipping' to terrain quad borders:

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilderx/videos/normans.swf

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/nice-island_no-mesh.427225/post-647843

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&ei=-BybWvD_EovajwOhi53YBw&q=site:+www.ptsim.com+SBuilder+line+polygon+copy+paste&oq=site:+www.ptsim.com+SBuilder+line+polygon+copy+paste&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.12...16050.22280..24989...0....372.1075.0j3j1j1..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-serp.n5QsuBqzGrg=

Hope this info helps a bit more. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
study information for many evenings)))
I am not certain I completely understand your goals for this project; please explain more clearly if my interpretation below is wrong.
I only need to replace the default airport and the area no further than 2 km from it my scenary airport :idea:

Last edited:
"Bumped" for edits to my latter post above.
it seems we did not understand each other;(
I don’t need to edit the orbix vector coastline...

I would like only only reduce(cut) the area of my scenary to the area like in the screenshot:
no ned area.jpg
everything outside the area is not needed in my scenary.

Last edited:
So, IIUC, you need to Exclude the FSX default and any 3rd party (ex: OrbX Vector) CVX vector scenery objects from a Area layer above those underlying layers.

Then place your edited Replacement CVX vector scenery objects from the same Area layer above those underlying layers.

GaryGB

I'm sorry, it seems I can’t explain what I need distinctly...
Maybe it will help me understand:
I do not want to exclude/cut a vector or other default data from the area that is behind/outside the red line:scratchch

Last edited:
Then, IIUC, you want to display your custom CVX vector scenery objects (seen inside the Red area above), on top of any underlying FSX default and any 3rd party CVX vector scenery objects ...without Excluding any of those FSX default and 3rd party CVX vector scenery objects ?

IIUC, using CvxExtractor, your custom CVX vector scenery objects (only those seen inside the Red area above) need to be extracted from the CVX vector BGL output by ADE when the URML project is compiled, and written to ESRI *.SHP files.

Those ESRI *.SHP files can be Appended to SBuilderX, and edited to break / join Poly-lines and/or Polygons as needed:

SBuilderX Menu > Help > {Search tab} > keyword: Lines > [List Topics] > Working with Points, Lines and Polygons.

GaryGB

When a CVX vector scenery object Exclude Polygon with the correct GUID compiled by SDK SHP2VEC intersects / overlaps anywhere along the poly-line of the CVX vector scenery object, will effectively Exclude that entire scenery object from being displayed anywhere within the entire terrain Grid quad in which it is located.

Note that such a CVX vector Exclude Polygon is distinct from a Exclusion Rectangle compiled by SDK BGLComp.

Thus, a 'Excluded' Poly-line / Polygon for Freeway Traffic will not be rendered in FS at run time anywhere within the local QMID-15 quad

And, a 'Excluded' Poly-line / Polygon for other CVX objects will not be rendered in FS at run time anywhere within the local QMID-11 quad.

To prevent conflicts between CVX vector objects when loaded from a Area layer that has lower display priority:

* Create a new Top Folder named ex: URML_ADEX_Den ...with a nested \Scenery sub-folder

* Put your edited file: URML_ADEX_Den_CVX.bgl inside that URML_ADEX_Den\Scenery sub-folder

In FSX Scenery Library GUI:

* Add a new Area layer for your edited file:

URML_ADEX_Den_CVX.bgl

...inside URML_ADEX_Den\Scenery sub-folder

* Position that new ex: URML_ADEX_Den Area layer at / near the top of FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers

NOTE: Load all custom 3rd party scenery intended to display on top of OrbX FTX scenery from Area layers above OrbX

In FTX Central / OrbX Direct GUI:

* Create an "Insertion Point somewhere below the top of FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers for all OrbX layers. :pushpin:

Otherwise, AFAIK, OrbX FTX scenery will automatically position itself at the top of FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers every time you run the FTX Central / OrbX Direct GUI. :alert:

Test the configuration cited above in FSX, and see how it works. ;)

PS: This Google feature may prove helpful to the learning process, and is free to use:

Last edited:
test the configuration cited above in FSX, and see how it works.
I do it exactly as you described, but I have the same problem....
I also want to note that I use tool AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4 for scenary library and always place all third-party scenary top the ORBX.

ADDED
another forum userin informed me that he: tested the cut scenary and he didn’t have such a problem, probably the problem is just because I have a conflict with some other scenary...
additional tests needed...

Last edited:
[EDITED]

I have not tested your latest BGL above in P3Dv4.5x yet, but I did test it in FSX and saw no significant issues in close proximity to URML airport (but I did see issues to the East of the URML airport) in CVX land class configuration.

I have not yet inspected in either FSX or P3Dv4.5x, the quad corners you were concerned about earlier in this thread.

FYI: In my haste I had initially added the latter BGL immediately above to the FSX Scenery Library GUI, but had left it un-checked, in order to first test the default FSX land class scenery display as a base for comparison.

When I first posted this reply, apparently I had not yet re-tested with the Area layer containing your BGL immediately above set "Active" in FSX Scenery Library GUI.

After setting the Area layer containing your BGL immediately above, I do now see the quad-level CVX vector display anomaly.

Sorry for the incorrect info initially posted incidental to my attempting to test this in my very limited available free time (...and for the delay in checking the FSX Scenery Library GUI after I had been called away from testing this).

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Attachments

Last edited:
I do not have OrbX FTX Global Base / Vector / OpenLC to test with at this time; all my LC textures would be FSX / P3D default.

FYI: When cuturml_adex_den.ad4 is compiled to BGL, the airport BGL causes a 'Crash To Desktop' in FSX, and will require an edit to fix it. :alert:

Decompile to BGLComp XML source code with BGL2XML:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bgl2xml-beta.442818/post-799147

Remove all the lines in RED below (keep all else intact and unchanged in the XML source code)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Created by Scenery Design Engine (SDE) on 2/1/2020 -->
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
<Airport
country="Russia"
city="Makhachkala"
name="Uytash"
lat="42.817925401032"
lon="47.6514449715614"
alt="4.572M"
magvar="-5.5"
trafficScalar="0.7"
airportTestRadius="5000.0M"
ident="URML">
<Services>
<Fuel
type="JETA1"
availability="YES"/>

</Services>

Save the edits to the XML source code as a XML file type

Re-compile via either FSX or P3Dv1.4X SDK BGLComp

Test in FSX / P3D

This above Services / Fuel XML element issue is a known bug in FSX and AFAIK, P3D ...as discussed here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/p3d-v4-5-chokes-on-most-recent-ade-airport-project-in-orbx.445835/post-827174

GaryGB

Last edited:
FYI: When cuturml_adex_den.ad4 is compiled to BGL, the airport BGL crashes FSX, and will require an edit to fix it. :alert:
Yes, I know about these crashes, but I think this does not cause the problem of squares, which I reported here earlier;)

See my edited post above:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-combine-scenary-coastline-with-orbx-vector.446691/post-836124

After having tested in FSX, the complete set of BGLs output by ADE from the latter ADE project file attached to this post:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-combine-scenary-coastline-with-orbx-vector.446691/post-836125

...and after the Services / Fuel XML Element removal from the airport BGL, I saw no significant issues in close proximity to URML airport.

However, I did see issues to the East of the URML airport) in CVX land class configuration, again seen as a quad-level CVX vector display anomaly.

The learning process involves trial-and-error as part of understanding successful and labor-saving work-flow.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-combine-scenary-coastline-with-orbx-vector.446691/post-836043

I'm sorry, it seems I can’t explain what I need distinctly...
Maybe it will help me understand:
I do not want to exclude/cut a vector or other default data from the area that is behind/outside the red line:scratchch

One might wish to first follow established procedures in tutorials, and also test recommendations from those who have found methods that are more likely to succeed. :pushpin:

Thus, at this point, I must recommend a further review of the Luis Feliz-Tirado "Terrain Design" tutorial cited above: :teacher:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/how-to-combine-scenary-coastline-with-orbx-vector.446691/post-835992

See especially the sections in the above tutorial entitled:

Excluding default terrain

...and:

Drawing a Hydro Polygon

IMHO, one must keep in mind the caveat to "Exclude and then Replace" at the quad level in FS scenery design, and master that procedure before attempting to "combine" custom CVX vector scenery content with default / 3rd party CVX vector scenery content ...being displayed from different BGLs within the 'same' local terrain grid quad Areas.

GaryGB

Attachments

Last edited: