How to create a animation for a modelpart in VC with GMAX

Hello,Everyone!I want to create an animation for a modelpart that is not animated and can't be clicked. I know this requires GMAX, but I don't know the specific steps. What should I do? Help much appreciated!

You are looking at a 'grand adventure'. You will need to;
* Find a way to bring the model into Gmax.. From MDL format to gmax format.
* You will need to re-animate all existing parts that animate, as they will be lost in the transition from FS to Gmax
* You will then create the part and or animate it and assign it a animation via the Animation Manager.

I am assuming this is for FS2004 as you are doing this in Gmax? If so, then you will not be using the 'Animation Manager' but just using a 'animation key tag name'.

Then.... Export back into MDL format.

If its a payware plane, you cannot distribute it without permission from the company or they may freak out.

Hope that helps. A lot of work there... If only we could just go in and do a little surgery and not have to redo so much of the model. Sometimes the export route makes the models fracture into triangles and things. You have to re-create the materials and reapply them. Usually a lot of damage to get the model through before you get to that part you want to animate.

Days... Maybe weeks... Days if you knew what you were doing and worked round the clock... intense work.

You are looking at a 'grand adventure'. You will need to;
* Find a way to bring the model into Gmax.. From MDL format to gmax format.
* You will need to re-animate all existing parts that animate, as they will be lost in the transition from FS to Gmax
* You will then create the part and or animate it and assign it a animation via the Animation Manager.

I am assuming this is for FS2004 as you are doing this in Gmax? If so, then you will not be using the 'Animation Manager' but just using a 'animation key tag name'.

Then.... Export back into MDL format.

If its a payware plane, you cannot distribute it without permission from the company or they may freak out.

Hope that helps. A lot of work there... If only we could just go in and do a little surgery and not have to redo so much of the model. Sometimes the export route makes the models fracture into triangles and things. You have to re-create the materials and reapply them. Usually a lot of damage to get the model through before you get to that part you want to animate.

Days... Maybe weeks... Days if you knew what you were doing and worked round the clock... intense work.
Hi,Lionheart!Your reply is very helpful to me. It seems that this is a very complicated process, but I like this adventure.Thanks for your help!

Most welcome.

If you get addicted to doing this, it wasnt my fault. I was only trying to help.

We have hotlines for extreme FS addon developer additions if you need to talk to someone later down the road.