how to fill a polygon with houses.

I have SHAPEFILES of some buildings that are next to each other, and they have formed a polygon ,I want to fill this polygon with certain houses, for example; I want to place 10 houses with different GUID on there, what is the command line for that in SCENPROC?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

That feature is not yet in scenproc. At the moment the tool can only make buildings out of footprints. But it might be a nice feature to add in the future.

Can you show how the polygon looks? I mean does it represent a whole neighborhood that should be filed or more a block of houses.

Hi arno
I loaded the SHAPEFILES in Global mapper and it look like this:

The red areas are my SHAPEFILES, and as I said before I just want to be able to put some buildings randomly inside these areas.
This feature is already existed in Whisplacer, and called "fill a polygon with objects". but it is hard to work with it in Whisplacer.

Arno, so I assume it can't be done for now. However, what about blocks of houses, I mean not just one large polygon but a few smaller polygons that are next to each other. For example, example if I split a polygon to 30 smaller polygon, can SCENPROC create 30 houses inside that polygon?and if so what is the command line for that?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The step to create autogen houses has an option to split a building that is long into multiple buildings. So that would work for a long polygon that should become multiple houses. But the polygon should already have the depth that all houses will get.

If you mean I have to add an attribute to the polygon, I can do that, for example, I can choose all large polygons and edit the "attribute name" and "attribute value" for them.
I just have two more questions that are related to this problem, if that so, and I have to add attributes, what attributes I need to add? And after that, what is the command line to split polygon and create" X " smaller houses based on the size of the original house?
thank you arno

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I mean like this

Code:
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=buildings_schier.shp;FWIDTH<20|{5ae04eb6-934c-4f63-bb48-5e7dee601212}|MAXRATIO=2
The MAXRATIO option at the end specifies that if the ratio of the length and width of the building is more than 2, that it will be split into a couple of individual buildings. So you could try that on your polygon.

i think its only a matter of time untill those gets filled up with OSM data we can use

i agree with the group opinion, it will be awsome feature to have

after the night splash option is added :duck:

Chris