• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

how to fill a polygon with houses.

I have SHAPEFILES of some buildings that are next to each other, and they have formed a polygon ,I want to fill this polygon with certain houses, for example; I want to place 10 houses with different GUID on there, what is the command line for that in SCENPROC?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

That feature is not yet in scenproc. At the moment the tool can only make buildings out of footprints. But it might be a nice feature to add in the future.

Can you show how the polygon looks? I mean does it represent a whole neighborhood that should be filed or more a block of houses.

Hi arno
I loaded the SHAPEFILES in Global mapper and it look like this:
o6jx2u.jpg

The red areas are my SHAPEFILES, and as I said before I just want to be able to put some buildings randomly inside these areas.
This feature is already existed in Whisplacer, and called "fill a polygon with objects". but it is hard to work with it in Whisplacer.

Arno, so I assume it can't be done for now. However, what about blocks of houses, I mean not just one large polygon but a few smaller polygons that are next to each other. For example, example if I split a polygon to 30 smaller polygon, can SCENPROC create 30 houses inside that polygon?and if so what is the command line for that?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The step to create autogen houses has an option to split a building that is long into multiple buildings. So that would work for a long polygon that should become multiple houses. But the polygon should already have the depth that all houses will get.

If you mean I have to add an attribute to the polygon, I can do that, for example, I can choose all large polygons and edit the "attribute name" and "attribute value" for them.
I just have two more questions that are related to this problem, if that so, and I have to add attributes, what attributes I need to add? And after that, what is the command line to split polygon and create" X " smaller houses based on the size of the original house?
thank you arno

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I mean like this

Code:
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=buildings_schier.shp;FWIDTH<20|{5ae04eb6-934c-4f63-bb48-5e7dee601212}|MAXRATIO=2

The MAXRATIO option at the end specifies that if the ratio of the length and width of the building is more than 2, that it will be split into a couple of individual buildings. So you could try that on your polygon.

Country
italy
This will be a nice feature to create houses in urban areas alons streets for those areas where not buildings footprint exist

Country
us-california
i think its only a matter of time untill those gets filled up with OSM data we can use

i agree with the group opinion, it will be awsome feature to have

after the night splash option is added :duck:

Chris