• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How to get an object from and other airport.

Country
unitedstates
Im trying to get an object from Klax and put it in my airport. for the life of me i can't seem to remember how. bgl to xml, get the mdl that i want to use. i cant remember how to use geoLock.

Country
unitedstates
OK the reason why we can't just copy and past from what ever airport we choose, is because each location is whats called geolocked. So we need to unlock the file we want to use objects from. There is a program Call GeoLock, it can be found on the Net. Run the program, look for the area you want to use an object from in the EXP: fsx scenery/NAMC/Scenery/chicago.bgl. then make an empty file where ever you want, name it Fsx projects or what ever you like. I used C:/FSX projects. then tell Geolock where you want to save the file. Do not select any objects just click unlock. Now you have a file named unlocked ( your location choice). BGL in your new file that you created. take that ,bgl file and copy it to FSX/addon/scenery. you can decompile the bgl file using Bgl2Xml from Scruffy Duck, so you can see a list of what objects you have. then open ADE, open the Library Object Manager, click add file, find your unlocked BGL file. click open. ADE will find the objects in the .BGL file. click ok, then click save. now go to your airport in ADE and right click and go to add from Library Object, click library in the uper left corner, select the .bgl that you just entered from the library objects manager. select the object you want to add to your airport. save airport and compile. run FSX and wala your new object is in your airport. Have fun.