• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How to get rid of satellite imagery

Country
australia
I have built scenery of floatplane docks and in MSFS it appears there is (MSFS) satellite imagery of the docks showing in the water. Is there an exclusion type I can add to get rid of this.
See image below

satellite leftovers.jpg

Country
italy
If you have an Airport there, you can try with an Apron with option colorize, give It a grass material and play with the color picker to match the color of the water
Of course you can add over It a polygon type water If water disappears

The correct way implies a Custom aerial imagery, pretty long process indeed

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
australia
Thanks mamu. I will have a look at adding an apron and colorize it to match the color in MSFS.
I have an airport there and it is a water airport as it is in a harbour so it has to be water.Not sure if custom aerial imagery is the answer as in real life the area contains extensive floating docks which I used to create my scenery objects to try and create 3d floating docks with associated parking.

vancouver harbour docks msfs.jpg

My Vancouver Harbour Water airport

vancouver bing maps.jpg

Vancouver Harbour Water airport - Bing maps

Country
australia
Hi mamu
Adding an 'apron' doesn't get rid of all that 'ghosting' satellite imagery of the (real life) docks.
Here is a snapshot after I applied an apron and also set BLUE to 255 just to highlite the apron.
I even added a polygon to exclude all buildings which made no difference.
I considered perhaps moving my docks to cover those areas however there is also a 'ghost' image of a floatplane at the docks which I couldn't cover.
Any ideas?
blue.jpg

Last edited:
Country
italy
Hi, you can try to disable the merge ground feature in the apron properties, this Will kill any underneath imagery
However, i tried to reproduce the issue in Vancouver and once you add the water some aerieal pop in
I'm pretty sure a secondary aerial could solve the issue (of course you need to Paint the aerial imagery with some clone brush before importing in the sim)

Easyest solution would be enlarging your docks

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
australia
Thanks mamu
I tried your suggestion which didn't work unfortunately. I also set many other flags - true which made no difference.
I will have a look at trying to exclude everything in the area and replacing with water scenery.

If I increase the size of my docks and/or reposition them slightly I won't be able to cover the image of a parked floatplane which shows in that 'ghost' image without making the docks completely out of scale and reality. I was trying to make my docks scenery look like the real ones including their size and placement, buildings on the docks, steel girder bridge, timber 'rails' etc etc as per below -
myvancouver.jpg

Last edited: