• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How to get rid of snow over aprons?

So much snow Is coming...
Did anyone get how to plow aprons?
Looks like (to me) the only option is making them really dark :(
Any suggestion?

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

I noticed that you can control the snow by applying coloration to the poly and the more you have blue channel coloration the more snow you get.

I noticed that you can control the snow by applying coloration to the poly and the more you have blue channel coloration the more snow you get.
Did this apply to Polygons and/or Aprons? So less blue would get rid of snow? But then the apron colour would be weird...?

Thanks for your replay and effort
As i said, making them darker ( pushing rgb down, blu has Little more effect than rg) of course makes the snow disappear...

But coloring the apron is not be a viable option, obviously, the Airport wont look like the real one

I Will try raise the question to zendesk, they have made possible to exclude snow onto 3d objects, maybe they can do something onto aprons as well

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
You can reduce the value to get rid of it. The only other thing that might work is a large planar object with a transparent texture, and no snow checked?

Nope, snow goes through 3d Buildings and "reach" the apron below,
The "no snow" in the sdk prevent the snow to set only *over* the 3d object
Same happens with environment occluder material, It stops Rain (wich Is Great) but not snow

Only way to try to control snow Is apron darkness (adding blu Is Just a way to make things dark)

Anyone as a working example with very light apron (e.g. concrete) with no snow?

I've noticed that certain materials have no snow, while others do. Experiment a bit with that if the specific texture you are using isn't absolutely necessary.

Ahhhh, sorry, I just realized this was a pretty old post...