• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA how to make my plane animations will work within fsx?

Country
colombia
hello again here bothering friends is that I want to know how to make my fsx run animations:banghead: that I made my plane to animations and mean:
flaps
spoilers
rudder
gate
aerodynamic brake
I would be very grateful for your contributions:cat:

aqui les dejo dos imagenes de mi avion con sus animaciones
f.jpg
f.jpg
p.jpg
p.jpg

Country
argentina
No es muy clara su pregunta!
El procedimiento normal;
Usted debe fijar la clave (cuadros por segundos) en la línea de animación, según el protocolo SDK modelado y luego agregar el código con Animation Manager desde FSTools a cada movimiento.

Country
unitedstates
Here is how to animate the flaps and assign them to FSTools::wizard:

Animating the parts:
1. In gmax turn on the large animate button on the bottom.
2. Have the left flap part sitting fully up. Now put the key timeline slider to 5 and move the flap to the 5% position.
3. Move the slider to 20 and move the flap to the 20% position.
4. Move the slider to 40 and move the flap to the 40% full position. Turn off the animate button.
5. Repeat these steps for the right flap.

Assigning the parts:
1. Open the FSTools from the top menu
2. put 0 in start and 40 in end. Now select the flap part in gmax and click update sel.
3. Go down the list until you find "l_flap_key' or "r_flap_key" when you do this one.
4. Then click create. When you click create the animation tag should show in the large box area.
5. Repeat this process for the right flap.

Now export and test in game. You will need to open the cfg and make sure you have 3 positions and set them to 0,5,20,40.
And now that you learned how to do this you can use any amount of flap position by using this method.
And you should be able to do all of your other parts by finding the correct animation from this list below:

l_spoiler_key
r_spolier_key
rudder_percent_key
elevator_key
l_aileron_percent_key
r_aileron_percent_key

These all use 100 keys and 50 is the center or the flat position besides the spoilers. Animate so key 0 is up or down and key 50 is center and 100 is the other direction.

Last edited: