• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How to move airport reference point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
sweden
Hello again, slowly things starts to become understandable now but I am still struggling with the "Move" funktion. Its about having a reference Lat/Long value from a certain point in Google Earth from the airport and set the same point values in ADE.
Am I possible not thinking correctly here, if I for instance change the Airport reference value in the setting box, is this perhaps not the right way of doing it? And the drag function giving in meters (distance) OK but the angle, which are we talking about ( from North =0 and clockwise angle so that straight south is 180? As you see much is uncertain.

Appreciate further clarification
Åke

Country
sweden
OK, no support available but I guess I figured out all issues above through trial and error except for a new question I posted today.
Thanks
Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is support available but everyone is a volunteer. People are in different times zones and a lot of us are affected by the restrictions and worries of the virus pandemic. Also we are seeing a lot more support requests than usual probably because so many people are locked in at home and have time to play with the sim

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
We seem to have two threads on the same subject as you started a new one.

This is not very helpful and won't increase the chances of getting a reply Bearings (headings) are always clockwise from north which is zero. So 90 is east , 180 south and so on. I want to be clear where you are putting the coordinates. In the move dialog

1585812092152.png

or the Airport Properties dialog

1585812154314.png

Changing anything in this box (if you can) is not going to move the airport.

Country
sweden
Sorry for opening a new thread but I felt I was ready with the subject as described above and finally got a new subject of getting double buildings after having used the Move tool. I think I understand the bgl discussion and will now try to implement it.
Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No worries. I will post any further remarks on the other thread and close this one to new posts

Status
Not open for further replies.