• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS How to remove MSFS satellite imagery

Country
australia
I can't find an exclusion polygon which will remove the what seems to be satellite imagery of docks/wharves in the water where my airport is.

Could someone advise if there is such an exclusion polygon and if so how to implement it.

I have included an image of my (water) airport scenery with areas circled in red to illustrate what I mean (you can see images of what looks like boats).
satellite.jpg

Also when making changes to an ADE project (building and copying output to community folder) and then checking in MSFS is it necessary to close MSFS and restart for the changes to be reread?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think I had to hide the images using aprons. One way to make it quicker to see changes made with ADE in sim is to use Alpha 19 with two way editing turned on. This shows your work in Dev Mode and can be updated just by reloading the project in Dev Mode

I suspect, though I haven't tried it you could also do this in one way editing. It would mean having the sim open and each time you save the project in ADE you can load it in Dev Mode. You would just have to treat that as read only and would not be able to make adjustments in Dev mode that can be synced back to ADE

Country
australia
Thanks Jon. I will give that a go.
BTW did you also notice what appears to be sunshine reflected from my posts, one of the far left is very noticeable (behind the back of the dock). I changed the color/texture of them by making most of the post a distinct rust but the 'reflection' persist. I have proven that those reflections of light are from the posts as when I removed all but one post all but one reflection remained. Maybe its the 'light' I have for the object in Blender so I will experiment with removing that. I still have a lot to learn regarding creating 3d objects using Blender.

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The material for the posts probably need the specular set to 0.

Country
australia
Now that's something I didn't know about. I just looked up in my copy of Blender for Idiots (I hate that word Idiots even though I am at times as the manual is great) and it states -

Specular: As I mention elsewhere in this chapter, think of the specular value as being a kind of reflectivity, but only for your light sources. Technically speaking, it’s the reflectivity of dialectric materials.

I was starting to wonder wonder if it was due to the fact that I wasn't using the texture image to wrap (I only use the color image). I have never tried to apply all those other image types as I cannot see how adding an actual texture would be noticed in MSFS.

Thanks Dick.

[added later]
YES that fixed it.

Last edited:
Country
australia
Jon. Just added an Apron and that got rid of the satellite imagery of the docks in the water. It did though change the colour of the water but that's not a big deal I guess.

Country
australia
Thanks for that advice which I never thought of HOWEVER how is that achieved?
I noticed that some of the properties are ColorationEnabled (true or false) ColorationBlue, ColorationRed and ColorationGreen with values of 0 and so I am guessing that changing the values will achieve a colour match? But what values? I thought 0 - 255 but I entered 2000 to see and it was accepted. Is this correct?
Is there an easy method to calculate what values to use or is it trial and error method?
I am also guessing that this would be covered in SDK but where? A quick internet search found nothing apart from some unanswered posts.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Yes, set ColorationEnabled to true and adjust the three primary colors from 0 to 255 to blend them into other colors. 0,0,0 is black and 255,255,255 is white.

Country
australia
Yes thanks but is it a trial and error method of choosing what values for each RGB? Maybe I should take a snapshot of the water in MSFS, open it in my image editor and use the 'eyedropper' tool to see what values it gives?