• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 How to use round earth correction right?

Country
israel
Im exporting my new GP and when i go to P3D i see its flickering and not all textures shown. How i make it like all the big developers are doing it right?

Country
israel
1551623598352.pngI got this but i dont know which tool to use on the newer versions. altho my GP is on 0 in blender

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can enable the option to filter out the non-ground polygons, that will get rid of that message. You can also see then which polygons are removed, those are not ground polygons.

For the flickering and such, are you sure you layered the textures in the right order?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And you have the ground flattened at the same altitude you use in the GPW?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It doesn't matter, as long as you have a flatten for the airport. And be sure that in the GPW you need to enter the altitude in meters. not feet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It seems you have enter an altitude of zero meters in the GPW, while the airport seems to be around 600 meter altitude if I Google for this.

Country
israel
Isnt it AGL automatically? and btw there is no object now
I figured i have to close the GPW to show the object

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
No, in the GPW you need to enter the absolute altitude always, else the curvation can not be calculated correctly.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
No, the GPW will automatically add the curve correction based on the FS version you select. That's why you need to enter the correct altitude in the wizard.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It will give you better performance, but it is up to you if you want to enable it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
it lifts my whole polygon up so i guess nope

That would only happen if the reference point location is not inside the flatten of your airport. The optimize reference point option puts the reference point in the middle of your object.

also is there a way to make a GP without GPW?

Yes and no. Of course you can do all settings in your modelling tool as well. The tricky part is the earth curve that you need to get the position truly accurate, I'm not aware of other tools that do that.