• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender How to use the new importer and exporter?

Country
australia
I have been using blender2msfs for a while now, before the new asobo importer/exporter and exporter came out. I just uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and tried to import a model, but it didn't work (I got this error that you can see below).
error.png

Does anyone now why this is happening or how I can fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
There are different exporters and they work with different versions of Blender. Vitus=2.83 Asobo=3.2

Country
australia
I am using blender version 3.2.
In fact, I just updated it today, and it doesn't still seem to work.
Maybe the file isn't installed properly?
I followed a tutorial and did it exactly like it said.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello....

I haven't heard of anything that the Asobo version imports if that is what you are trying to do.

Ronald

Resource contributor
I have been using blender2msfs for a while now, before the new asobo importer/exporter and exporter came out.
I just uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and tried to import a model, but it didn't work (I got this error that you can see below).
What happens when you roll back everything, switch back the Blender V2.8x and the Vitus import/export script and try the same operation again?
Do you get the same error in that situation too?

Country
italy
I have been using blender2msfs for a while now, before the new asobo importer/exporter and exporter came out. I just uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and tried to import a model, but it didn't work (I got this error that you can see below). View attachment 82704
Does anyone now why this is happening or how I can fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
the Asobo plug-in can "import" models via the Blender menu Import/glTF 2.0
It can import only NON compiled models.
The error you are receiving is because you are trying to import a compiled model with already compiled .DDS textures. The plug-in will never allow such because of copyright/piracy reason.

If you need to do that, there are two plugins that can do what you "maybe" want

This one that is suitable for livery painting

And the old fbw plugin, that seem like no more maintained /supported

Or

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
italy
That's the reason they don't like anyone to be able to directly import already done models
There is a Incredible amount of learning, knowledge, study and hard work beyond ANY element you see in the sim. And all this take an enormous amount of time = money.

You can start your learning journey here:

And a random (excellent one) YouTube tutorial

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
australia
How do I animate gauges like the attitude indicator though?
As for the series, I have seen this one before and it only has a airspeed indicator. Is there any tutorial as to how to I can make an attitude indicator?
Thanks for the replies by the way.

Country
italy
How do I animate gauges like the attitude indicator though?
As for the series, I have seen this one before and it only has a airspeed indicator. Is there any tutorial as to how to I can make an attitude indicator?
Thanks for the replies by the way.
The attitude indicator is just a textured ball (sphere)

Add 2 separate 360 degrees animations, one for roll and one for pitch, the 180 keyframe is gonna be your zero roll (and zero pitch) position

This 3d can be helpful

Also this

Then, when you have some results, you can post again your further issues into the Gauges subforum