• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

HTML5 JS gauge P3Dv5 VC display

Country
yugoslavia
Hello!
Anyone has an idea how to display HTML gauge on Virtual Cockpit using panel.cfg ?
How to make specific entry for this in [VcockpitXX] section to call it ?

For 2D [WindowXX] is not a problem, html gauge shows normally...

SDK says this:

1. Add the HTML_FILE property (file name with extension) to a [WINDOW] or [VCOCKPIT] entry in the panel.cfg

Last edited:
Country
us-newjersey
I believe the gauge surface coordinates are set by the VC modeller in tools like 3DSMax etc. Without that, your only option may have to be trial and error.

Country
yugoslavia
Thank you, but this doesn't help neither...
I still wondering what could be do cause of not showing it on Virtual Cockpit...

Country
us-ohio
Ernie already explained. Honest. If the 3D model doesn't have the VC entries mapped into a texture in the model's design, nothing will display.

Country
yugoslavia
Well, thanks... but I'm not sure you understand me completely.

This is my input in Panel.cfg

Code:
[Vcockpit01]
file=Background.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Background

HTML_FILE=testjava.html, 10,10,200,400

And besides that it's still not visible in Virtual Cockpit

rotorhub

Resource contributor
Country
norway
As the others have already said;

It does not matter what you do in the config, unless you make some surface geometry inside the interior 3D model.
This surface must be mapped with your $Background texture (BMP). The material parameter must be set to "is virtual cockpit panel texture".

Then you must export your model to include these changes.

You can inspect the model using ModelConverterX. Your $Background should look like a checkerboard.

Country
yugoslavia
Tnx a lot...
$Background is applied on 3D model but HTML5 gauge doesn't won't to render on 3D... for some reason... or I'm still doing something wrong in Panel.cfg... ?
Did anyone actually managed to do it ?

Gauge HTML code is fine... I'm seeing it on 2D panel regularly...

rotorhub

Resource contributor
Country
norway
Sorry not beeing able to help. HTML/java gauges in P3D is uncharted territory for me.

But I am not sure what the first parameter in your config is doing for you?
file=Background.bmp.

Try to comment it out. //file=Background.bmp

I have only used that for 2D panels, not in the VC. If you need it as backdrop for your gauge, convert to a DDS and put it in your main texture folder. Not in the panels folder.

Country
china
Hi conver,

I successfully integrated HTML gauge in the virtual cockpit.
It's really not easy...

My approach is to first create an airplane model in 3DsMax and set a virtual texture at the position of the panel.

You can refer to this:
1637630714208.png

Please note that the sticker needs to be named $xxxx !!!
Only in this way, your HTML gauge can appear in the desired position in your virtual cockpit.

Country
yugoslavia
Thank you for your detailed replay WesleyLu!
Are you able to show me your Panel.cfg entry for HTML gauge on VC ?

Last edited:
Country
china
Thank you for your detailed replay WesleyLu!
Are you able to show me your Panel.cfg entry for HTML gauge on VC ?
Sure.
[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel

[Window00]
size_mm=1920,1080
visible=1
always_visible = 1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
texture=$texture //This is what you defined in 3DsMax
pixel_size=1080,1920
HTML_FILE=YourHTML.html
Hopefully it helps you.

Country
yugoslavia
Thank you a lot for your help Wesley!

I just did it using your help inside of [Vcockpit01] section and it works.
However, there is a issue... is it possible to position .html gauge file along the texture and apply render size? using coordinates like for regular xml gauges for example?

gauge00=gauges!DefaultGauge, 0, 0,512,512

What I did is:

[Vcockpit01]
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
always_visible = 1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
texture=$MFD
pixel_size=800,600
HTML_FILE=test

but after applying coordinates and render size .html gauge wont' show up!

HTML_FILE=test, 0, 0,512,512 //seems entry like this doesn't give a result at all.

Country
china
Thank you a lot for your help Wesley!

I just did it using your help inside of [Vcockpit01] section and it works.
However, there is a issue... is it possible to position .html gauge file along the texture and apply render size? using coordinates like for regular xml gauges for example?

gauge00=gauges!DefaultGauge, 0, 0,512,512

What I did is:

[Vcockpit01]
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
always_visible = 1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
texture=$MFD
pixel_size=800,600
HTML_FILE=test

but after applying coordinates and render size .html gauge wont' show up!

HTML_FILE=test, 0, 0,512,512 //seems entry like this doesn't give a result at all.
I haven't used it in this way, and I guess HTML gauge cannot be used like XML gauge.