• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I cant add roads :/

Guys Ive got Ground 2k4 v5.4
unfortunately i do not have any options available when i create
line for roads . There is no options of wat type road i wanna add .

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Could it be that the path to your FS is not set correctly in Ground2k4? I just checked my Ground2k4 folder and could not find files defining these lines there. So I think they are read directly from the terrain.cfg file.

Country
italy
Dear Friends,
I've a trouble with roads. I'm buiding a scenery with PhotoScenery Maker for the photoreal slice, Gmax and EOD for 3D objects and FSSD for other little things.
Now I'm adding roads with Ground2K4 and during the test, with my big surprise, the roads are visible only during night, dawn and dusk but not on the daylight.
Anyone has an idea about this?

Thanks
Alessandro

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Allesandro,

If you made your photo scenery with resample (and I think the Photoscenery Maker does that), then you can not display VTP lines and polygon on top of it. So probably at night your photos are not shown and you see your roads again.

If you want to place them on your photos, you need to place the photos with VTP polygons. SBuilder does for example support this.

Country
italy
Dear Arno, is a strange behaviour because the photo is shown also during night, dawn and dusk...

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
alleusai said:
Anyone knows if exists a tutorial for SceneryBuilder?

Thanks
Alessandro

Hi!

There is a tutorial available on how to create an island, see the Scenery-discussion in the supportforum at www.ptsim.com. There is also a great deal of information in the help-file.

Or you could ask here - what is it that you want to do? :)

/hans

Country
italy
Hi Hans,
just a little question: if I prepare a little scenery and try to compile, all fatures are disabled (also the Save function). Is compulsory to register SB?

Tks
Alessandro

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Hi!

No, the registered version only gives you a couple of more advanced functions, such as importing/exporting various standard formats. SBuilder works from scratch, so I can not say that I have an answer to that.

Have you added the scasm.exe ver. 2.95/.96? That one is necessary to enable compilation of scenery.

/hans

Country
italy
Hi Hans,
I'll check this this evening, in any case where can I download scasm? It will be installed in the same folder of SB?

Tks
Alessandro

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You can download the latest version of SCASM from the SCASM website:

www.scasm.de

If I remember correct it should go in the tools subfolder of SBuilder.

image25vo.jpg

i cant select anything and my fs9 path is correct