• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

i can't get mission creation tool

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
What do you mean "i ve done it"?

It would be really nice if you could be a bit more cooperative. At least it's your problem I'm trying to solve, not mine. ;)

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Next to "help" in the fs menu. If it loads correctly you san't miss it. ;)

If you did everything I wrote above and it still doesn't work deínstall the SDK and reinstall it again. Maybe something went wrong there.

EDIT: Is the dll.xml really in the same folder as the fsx.cfg?

Country
unitedstates
Dude, you have IMMENSE patience! ;)

Sorry but, my reaction by the end of page 1 would have been: :eek:

Last edited:

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
*breath in - breath out* :D

I was a wondering if I reacted a bit too harsh. :D

Anyway, some progress reports on the objectplacementtool?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think that you are being very patient Horst. Whilst I can understand the frustration of people who cannot get things to work - drives me nuts when I can't get things to go, we all need to try and understand what is going on and make the effort ourselves.

Last edited:

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
:)

It took me some years to figure that there is some sort of internet community, where you can find useful answers.
I used to solve my problems all by myself, which was often very frustrating, but it teached me to always do the best I can - and only if there's just no way of getting the problem solved look for help. Sometimes I wish the "do it yourself first" mentality would be a bit more common...

Country
us-washington
Object Placer won't show

Have tried everything and can not get the various sdk programs in the FSX version to work. To just focus on one program, object placement, I have changed the xml to read false in the correct places. And even reinstalled to see if that would work. No dice.

I read somewhere that when you see the dos command prompt flash on you are on the right track. That did happen once, but no tool menu and no sdk program.

The dll is inthe same folder as fsx.cfg and I even used the absolute path:

<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

So what other options are there?

Taalspin
________
volcano digital vaporizer

Last edited:

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Tallspin, that is wnother thread about the same issue we discussed before, so I moved it here. ;)

The objectplacementtool has nothing to do with a dos-prompt. Or did you mean the installation of the SDK. That should be no problem.

Then you should execute the steps described in this thread and you should have a working OPT.

Country
us-arizona
Object_placement.dll won't start...

Sorry I have to post this but I am in a different location with a different PC and am trying to get OP.dll running. And it is not running.

I have looked at the posts here from other people having problems and everything looks fine but it will not load...

I don't remember doing anything with SimConnect to get it running on my other system. I have the SimConnect Diagnostics running and want to get rid of that.

The dropdowns I get for the Addons is FSUIPC and Autothumbnail and that is all. It is probably something simple, it usually is.

Now for some questions....

1. What if anything is supposed to be in the Main FSX directory for Object_placement.dll to work ?

2. What should be in the FSX config directory normally ?

3. Man what a pain when you follow all the instructions and it does not work.

4. I am using windows and not full screen like it says and still nothing.

5. I don't get the error screen like is says at startup ?

6. Should I remove FSUIPC and Autothumbnail and just try and startup OP.dll ?

Like HELP......

Regards
Jib01/02
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I don't see the point to open up just another thread for the same issue. It all comes back to do exactly what described here. ;)

When I installed SP1 first I also had a vanished OPT. I had to disable the fx-tool in order to get it back.

Try to disable everything but the OPT in the dll.xml and see what happens.

And, yes, it sure is a good idea to disable fsuipc and autothumbnail too - who knows where the problem may be. ;)

Country
us-arizona
Horst,

Tried it and it didn't work. I'm no dummy at this so this has got me stumped.

Jib01/02

Country
portugal
I´m in the same situation. After the instalation of fsx_SP1, the menu desapeared.
I have FSUIPC and Autothumbnail working but no object placement menu...:confused: I tried all but with no luck.:mad:

Edited: Ok, solved. Working now!

Last edited:
Country
us-arizona
Jose, what did you do ??

It seems to have something to do with SP1 because I had the same thing happen. We need to find out what is causing this...

Horst did you load SP1 and did you have any problems ?

Something is seriously wrong here and we need to work together to find out what SP1 did to OP.dll not working.

What can we check ?

Regards
Jib01/02