• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I have an idea for developers

Country
us-florida
I've been wanting a skydiving addon for FSX..

I mean a really good one.. good graphics, m/p capable.

I would like to be able to adapt the Aerosoft Twotter Extended to have other players join via m/p and then pile into the plane and then jump out together.. be able to free fall and then pull the rip cord and then steer down.. and flair

also when freefalling it would be nice to turn your hands different ways to control "yaw" and sideways movement etc.. like a real skydiver does..

I would be willing to pay money for this.. payware product for sure..

Certainly someone can do this..

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It sounds like fun, but also quite complex to make. And probably not a big market for it.

Moved the thread to project requirement as it seems a better place.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I don't understand why.. does the idea sound not fun to you?

FSX was not made for simulating parachutes. There surely might be a way to get something done, but it would not be as convincing as a, say, dedicated para simulator.

Also, just because you'd be willing to pay for it doesn't mean that there's at least 1000 other people required to finance such an undertaking.

Country
us-florida
mm.. if PMDG can do the 777 and the 737NG like they have and Majestic with their Dash 8... I would think a parachute sim.. could be done.

as far as other customers paying the cash.. yeah.. probably so.. to bad.

Country
us-northcarolina
Well guys, this is only my second post on here. Arno... one of my heros, hahah. Thanks for all you have done for us and this game.

I happen to be a Skydiver, Tandem Master, FAA Certified Parachute Rigger,ect..
and I have been learning a lot about this game for awhile now. I also picked up 3D modeling and have been constructing legit ram-air parachute models.

What you guys are talking about.... I have made happen through the tools available on the market already. With Rex Essentials for the winds aloft that actually affect the parachute, along with hi-resolution tiles and updated airports, it becomes pretty darn good. But as the man said, the graphics for the skydiver and parachute good be much better, and a tweaked flight envelope.

Just thought I would throw that out there. Also, there happens to be a very large market and need for this idea. The alternative is about $5000, and this could be much better. And skydiving is only becoming more popular everyday. You can see on your television. I would have done it already, but I am still learning. I guess what I am trying to say is that I need help, and probably in the wrong forum. =)

Country
us-florida
wooop woooooooooop!

I guess I wasn't to far off..

c'mon there has got to be somebody out there.. this would be cool.. I don't want to have to play GTA 5 just to do some skydiving.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The best way to get something done is getting off one's lazy arse and do it oneself, even if it takes an awful lot of learning.

Everyone here started out like that.

(Don't say "I'm too stupid for this". No one ever is.)

A

Aviasim

It's possible to make a "parachute" add-on, but I don't think it would be possible to jump from a Twotter as the "parachute" would be its own aircraft and thus needing to switch between them.

You could make a mission, edit the intro cut-scene to a AI controlled aircraft departing somewhere whilst setting the camera inside of it, and then animating the camera so it's like you're actually walking to the exit door and jumping out, and then that would be where the intro ends, and you take over in a parachute.

I am a scenery developer so I don't exactly know if these ideas would work, though I am sure the 2nd idea can work

Country
us-florida
yeah, I see what you're sayin'... we would need a new ....now wait...

how about you approach it this way.. an ai plane can tow a glider... sooooooo

have the ai tow plane now be another players plane.. then "tow" the skydiver.. just make the "towline" about "1 inch long" if you know what I mean.. then when the skydiver is ready to "jump" he just "releases the towline"... yeah?

adr179

Resource contributor
Country
slovenia
Exit could be pretty simple, if: there's a modified model of aircraft that has it's own "airport" inside the cockpit and starting location is in front of the exit. Then you need a sort of sub-routine that will change flight dynamic of three different "airplanes" - parachutist, that is - first one as a strong jet that will simulate jumping out of the aircraft, next one would be free fall and last with parachute opened. Since I don't do the aircraft, but scenery, somebody that does aircraft modelling could kill the idea immediately by stating it's impossible to incorporate 3 different flight dynamics into the same model.

Country
us-northcarolina
Work in progress

This is my original model. I have learned much since its creation.

Attachments

• RamAir_Parachute2.jpg
    RamAir_Parachute2.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 411
  • RamAir_Parachute.jpg
    RamAir_Parachute.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Just stumbled across this. Looks like you have the wrong simulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPW1fKM7JHU

Man the graphics in that video are breathtaking, I think better than anything I've seen in FSX (though Stewart from Orbx would be a contender).

That almost has me wanting to try out X-plane, I wonder what other add-ons he is using and if that scenery looks as good in FSX as it did in Xplane 10. After seeing that video, I'm buying that freaking airport to check it out!

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6613362520,12201

Hope I'm not disappointed... Will report back.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Looks pretty cool, but it's about as good as the skydiver that is already out for FSX.( :no control or maneuverability in free-fall; only a big, very slow parachute with little agility; inaccurate lift upon flaring the parachute; also, no cutaway and reserve parachute system. And that is just a few things. If you liked that video of X-plane in the post above, then you should look up some video of competition swooping (canopy piloting). Very cool and extremely dangerous!...don't try at home, hahah.