I have read the manual but I'm still a bit confused.

I don't think so. Effects have to be attached to something. So, it's not clear what you mean by "Apply the light effect".
Well, I open ADE with my airport, I right click, Add..., then select "Effect". I then choose my effect. I used "fx_AFLT_Twy-Green". I click ok and then effect has been placed and that's all I do.

gadgets

Resource contributor
But, that's not what you said you were doing. You said you opened ADE and applied an effect.

If you want help, I've got to know what you have done and what was the result, step-by-step, using button/field names. I'm not sitting at your system. Guessing at what is meant by general statements like "apply light effects:" is a waste of everyone's time

Rather than asking "am I inserting the lights into ADE incorrectly", please complete the process and test the result. Then you'll know.

Don

, I have managed to make some progress.

Whenever I now start up P3D, I the AFLT (SimObjects) window pop's up and gives the option to Connect or Disconnect.
When I tried to make the library again, this time, it decided to finally save the AFTL folder into the P3D addons folder and as expected, I was told by P3D whether to enable addon: "AFLT"

Funnily enough, I managed to get the wigwags working fine:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_3.png

Strangely, I've noticed that the lights on the wigwag would stop working if I was to look at the wigwag as different angles as seen here:
Screenshot_4.png

Although, I still don't have the model for the taxi lights. I'm going to keep trying and see what's going wrong. Also, is it normal for me to have that AFLT (SimObjects) to pop up every time I start up P3D?

gadgets

Resource contributor
I've noticed that the lights on the wigwag would stop working if I was to look at the wigwag as different angles
Wigwags, like all other unidirectional objects, have a visible range parameter. The default is 900 degerees, i.e. 45 left and right). If you want something else, change it.

I still don't have the model for the taxi lights.
its called "Omni"

Don