• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I?m going crazy with SB

Country
italy
Hi folks,
I'm trying to work with SB but I'm going nowhere with it.
I started a new project from scratch, imported a map, calibrated it, choosed the photo, ground and water tiles but I can't compile, all options in the compile window are disabled but the compile button.
In the attachments you can see the project preferences, an overview of the map with checked tiles and the compile window.
SB version is 2.04, SCASM version is 2.96 and installed in the SB's Tools folder.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Alessandro

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 610
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 519
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 588
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 545
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 597
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 531

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Alessandro,

Did you first select the objects you want to export? Without selecting them no options are available on the export screen.

Country
italy
Hi Arno, just for testing I want to make a photorealistic scenery without objects, so can you explain me shortly the procedure?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Alessandro,

When you have add the photos tiles for the area you want them, just select them all before you go to compile BGL.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you have multiple object, it is easiest to just use select and drag around your entire scene.

Country
italy
Just a little step ahead. I made a photo scenery with only photo tiles, no water, land or objects.
SB made the bgl and bitmap files and I put all in AddonScenery\test\scenery and texture.
But, in FS9, when I open the area covered by the scenery, FS exits itself without messages.

This is my face and mood: :confused:

Any suggestion?

Tks
Alessandro

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Hi!

Make sure that you try the scenery in the same season that you created the bitmaps for, i.e. if you only exported summer bitmaps, FS will crash if you do not load the scenery during summertime.
A less likely cause to failure is that the bitmaps are placed in the /texture forlder. You can try to place them in FS/Scenery/World/Texture if the problem persists.

/hans

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
bpahe said:
A less likely cause to failure is that the bitmaps are placed in the /texture forlder. You can try to place them in FS/Scenery/World/Texture if the problem persists.

Actually this is the only reason of the crash. When placing photo tiles with VTP polygons, the texture MUST be in the world/texture folder. If they are not found there, FS will crash.

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Sorry, my mistake. It have been a couple of months since I last placed phototiles, and I made the same mistake. Ignore my prior posting.

/hans :eek:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I can tell you that I made the same mistake as well. I even reported it to Luis, while the manual clearly says you should place them in the world/texture folder :).

Country
italy
Yes, it works!!!
Now the last thing: my photo tiles include a coastline: when I see the area in FS the original coastline is visible, even if I make a flatten (altitude 0 or above) or exclude areas. Could the solution be to make mesh tiles?

PS: my scenery is at level 1 in the scenery list of FS.

Cheers
Alessandro

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Alessandro,

If you make a VTP exclude for the layer of the default coastlines, you should be able to remove them.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I can't remember those layers myself, but SBuilder tells you the default layers when you make an exlcude. The coastlines are layer 8.