• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I would like to ask someone to do the DOME/SATCOMM For embraer 195 virtualcol

Country
brazil
Hello Dear developers, I would like someone to help me or make a modification to the embraer 195's VirtualCol for FSX, let's go as we know some emb195 has satcoom or DOME on top and unfortunately they didn't do it and I miss them because I'm used to it. Will you volunteer to make this modification?
vcol_ejetsspk_1-1600x900.jpg
AZUL-LINHAS-AEREAS-EMBRAER-E-195-GRU-AIRPORT-1.jpg

Country
us-florida
I might be mistaken, but IIRC in order to create modeling modifications to aircraft, you need the source files from the original developer. This would probably be a good first step.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
The wi-fi dome is a late addition. I used to watch the 190s out of BHD and none of them had the wi-fi dome because they were all on flights of less than 2 hours.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I might be mistaken, but IIRC in order to create modeling modifications to aircraft, you need the source files from the original developer. This would probably be a good first step.
One does not need original source files. If you are familiar with MCX, you know that it can merge models. I've made extensive modifications to Alphasim Tu-16, to create a very convincing Xian H-6. This is possible, because the components I wanted to remove, guns from turrets and the glazed nose, were able to be isolated in MCX, exported to Collada, edited in 2d software and then rejoined to the original model.
If all goes as planned, I will release a FS2004 payware aircraft model, that has been redistributed as freeware, as an AI aircraft in an MSFS 2020 scenery.

7606Tu-16_1.jpg
10xJL3q.jpg

Adding this radome would have to be done in a way that does not violate intellectual property rights. It would have to be configured such that the end user could apply the change himself and between obtaining a model, developing the dome and preparing the appropriate installation package, the cost would become prohibitive.

Country
us-florida
One does not need original source files. If you are familiar with MCX, you know that it can merge models. I've made extensive modifications to Alphasim Tu-16, to create a very convincing Xian H-6. This is possible, because the components I wanted to remove, guns from turrets and the glazed nose, were able to be isolated in MCX, exported to Collada, edited in 2d software and then rejoined to the original model.
If all goes as planned, I will release a FS2004 payware aircraft model, that has been redistributed as freeware, as an AI aircraft in an MSFS 2020 scenery.

Ah yes, what you say makes sense. I beleive I am thinking of a scenario in which one would want change a VC panel, which has some 3d gauge models that would probably be hard to remove in MCX (harder than larger elements as you described). I can see how adding a model to the top would be very doable in MCX.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
As another test of ability, I managed to change a Vlad Zhuilsky fs2004 An-12, to a Xian Y-8 and even went so far as to replace the portrait if Tzar Nicholas at the nav station in the VC, with one of Xi Zinping and some of the gauge faces from Cyrillic, to Simplified Chinese lettering, so the ability to swap things out goes pretty deep. If one can reanimate moving components, the ability is nearly limitless, imo.