• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 ILS Ident

Country
poland
Hello
I am doing a small airport scenery, I noticed a wrong ILS ident in stock Airport and I want to change it. I was created a new ILS for both sides of runway with properly ident from current charts and after that I went to P3D for testing. In P3Dv4 I have a double ILS - wrong old and corrected new one. This problem shows only in P3Dv4, this airport in v5 was corrected and stock airport is good. Do you have any suggestion what I must to do in order to it works properly?
Regards

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Assuming your are using ADE, you can select the stock ILS green arrow (turns orange) and press Delete. This should Orphan the ILS, and allow your ILS to be the only one properly aligned with the runway and have the correct frequency. The stock ILS will be assigned to a different (fake) runway, assigned a different frequency, and move it a little ways away from the airport. It will still be there, but unusable.

Country
maldives
yes it is, this only happens if the stock and new (from third-party scenary) ILS ID are different.
if the identifiers are the same, then there will be no duplicate, only third-party ILS will be shown ;)
but unfortunately this does not work with other nav aids, we have to endure duplicates for a long time, but still I hope the guys from LM will fix this long-broken SDK function: