• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I'm working on aircraft... (2021)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The idea of this thread is that you can use it to announce that you are working on an aircraft. Just to let other developers know that this aircraft or livery is in development. That way hopefully we won't work on the same addons without knowing it.

If you want to show the work in progress of your aircraft, please create a separate thread in the showroom forum for it. Do not use this thread to post a lot of screenshots.

Country
unitedarabemirates
Canadair CL-44J and Deutsche Aircraft D328eco for FS2004
1616500536738.png
1616500536058.png

Attachments

• 1616500526075.png
    1616500526075.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
Country
madagascar
The queen, as AI Aircraft.
This is part of my project to have intemporal AI activity for Madagascar (everything from past, present and future, all in one)

20210308_01.png

Yes, we have FAIB (which is wonderful), and yes we have AIA (which is venerable and I still use tons of repaints) - (and PAI and FSP aswell, but I dont use them anymore)
But I need the 747-200 (despite the picture suggesting a SUD) with a specific type of engine : the Pratt & Withney JT9D-70A :

20210308_02.png

^^ those engines. Only Sky Spirit (Project Opensky/Hiroshi) has modeled those as flyable. There were only 8 747-200B frames equipped with those beasts, and Air Madagascar was one of them (from the start to the end).

The IRIAF livery is just a test to get the belly shape right; maybe someday I'll get some "odd" Queen variants aswell (that would undoubtly fall in the "Retro" stuff). But no promises on what is not currently decided.

I love this bird so much, especially the classics ones.

EDIT : Forgot details ;
Target SIM : FSX (maybe FS9 - why no P3D ? I don't own that sim)
Target Polycount : 11000. <- really ? yes, really.
No LODs : 3 or 4.
I have no info on drawcalls because it's not yet fully modelled/animated.

The Maule looks amazing, very detailed. This has been one of my favorite planes from FS9 and FSX and it deserves to be in MSFS 2020 too!

I also started to build an M7. I have the virtual cockpit filled in almost completely. All the instruments and controls are already animated and coded up in the XML. I need to complete the avionics and a few more gauges and the full PBR texturing.

I would be happy to share any of the work I have if that makes things any easier for you. I don't know your intentions for how you intend to release your project, but if you are interested in using any parts of my model and code, you can contact me and I will send you all my in-progress files or offer any assistance.

20210813225945_1.jpg

Country
germany
This is not intended to discourage anyone from making a proper flying boat lol. But since I am not seeing any of this breed coming in the near future I set out to make one myself if I am able to get it into the game eventually. Still at the bloody beginning though.

p2y.PNG