• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I'm working on scenery... (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The idea of this thread is that you can use it to announce that you are working on a scenery. Just to let other developers know that an airport, city or region is in development. That way hopefully we won't work on the same addons without knowing it.

If you want to show the work in progress of your scenery, please create a separate thread in the showroom forum for it. Do not use this thread to post a lot of screenshots.

Last edited:

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Current FSDG projects:

St Vincent (TVSV & TVSA)
St Lucia (TLPC & TLPL)
Martinique (TFFF)
La Romana (MDLR)
Antalya (LTAI)
Gazipasa (LTFG)
Bremen (EDDW)
Dakar Blaise Diagne (GOBD)

If you feel that any of those projects might get in conflict with your work do not hesitate to contact us and we'll talk about it. ;)

Country
switzerland
Current FSDG projects:

St Vincent (TVSV & TVSA)
St Lucia (TLPC & TLPL)
Martinique (TFFF)
La Romana (MDLR)
Antalya (LTAI)
Gazipasa (LTFG)
Bremen (EDDW)
Dakar Blaise Diagne (GOBD)

If you feel that any of those projects might get in conflict with your work do not hesitate to contact us and we'll talk about it. ;)

Hopefully some of them will be for FS9 as well... all for one i hope Dakar as this is one of those Airport who is lacking of a good rendering scenery in FS9

Country
germany
Hopefully some of them will be for FS9 as well... all for one i hope Dakar as this is one of those Airport who is lacking of a good rendering scenery in FS9

You never give up, don't you :D But if you followed FSDG the last years, you will not find one FS9-release... I guess, even the FSX users will have to worry in the not too distant future.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Still working on my Solomon Islands regional scenery. It has come a long way, but I'm still not there just yet. Lots more to do and lots more I want to do.
New early access update coming Feb. 1st. :)

SolX_v054_beta_wip_2018.jpg

Last edited:
P3Dv4
Oasis Ranger Station (FL) almost ready.
It will of course be a freeware download from AVSIM or/and Flightsim because no one would buy such a small airfield anyway, because I hate all this payware myself,because of all the freeware tools I use to make the scenery and especially because of all the help this freeware site has given me during all these years :).

9fl73.jpg
Oasis visitor center.jpg
important facilities.jpg
Big Cypress info.jpg

It could take a little while more to get rid of the autogen suppression, fine tune textures and make the night textures, but if everything goes well, I will be flying from there to this nice other freeware scenery in the same area: Bear Island by Chris Britton (see https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bear-island-v2-redux.439865/).
It will not be that detailed and will not have that many custom objects and vegetation.
But after more than 11 years of learning :(, I thought it would be nice to upload something decent enough though not spectacular, to show my appreciation.

Cheers,

Roby

PS: knowing myself, there will probably be an update for things I forgot, followed by a v2, a v3, a v4. etc. but who cares as long as it is free. And.. I will also include the project files so that the finicky ones can change things for the better themselves :).
PS2: 'almost ready' is rather undefined and I sure want to keep it undefined for the moment :p.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry Arno, I just read that it was not the idea to put screenshots in this thread :(:eek::confused:.
Hope I rectified it?

Last edited:

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Oops, sorry Arno, I just read that it was not the idea to put screenshots in this thread :(:eek::confused:.
Hope I rectified it?
I should have fully read the OP as well. I just remembered other's posting some photos in the old thread.
Since Arno says "not to post a lot of screenshots" in the OP, I'll leave my one and only photo there for now. It can be removed or linked if need be. :)

[EDIT]
There. I put it in a spoiler to save vertical space. lol :D
[/EDIT]

Country
switzerland
FS2004 CYWG Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Hi Greg,

Just wanted to contact you, to inform me about the state of development on CYWG.
Is there any progress on it? Do you have anything to show?

Thanks for any informations.

Leo2789

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
Hey guys,

I'm working on making a complete scenery of the Tokelau islands for FS9, with fictional airstrips included. These are 3 atolls that are completely missing from the default scenery so I think they will be a nice addition to the Pacific ocean's landscape. It will be freeware of course, and uploaded to Avsim & Flightsim ;)

EDIT: The scenery ir now compelte! For more info check out the thread: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/tokelau-islands-complete-scenery.442289/

Leonardo

Last edited:
Country
ca-saskatchewan
Hi Greg,

Just wanted to contact you, to inform me about the state of development on CYWG.
Is there any progress on it? Do you have anything to show?

Thanks for any informations.
I finally got around to starting a thread on the Show Room for my Winnipeg project. Head over there and take a look.

Greg

Country
germany
Well, it's been a long time coming, but I'm now fully committed to NZCH -- Christchurch International Airport. No idea of release date, but it is my total focus at the moment.
Some very early shots here.

Great news rob! Right now I am on a virtual NZ tour and can‘t believe there are no versions for NZAA, NZCH and NZWN. On the other hand it is amazing how many other airports this little country (populationwise) has to offer. In real life and in simulation. Anyway... NZCH is a great choice... I was there shortly after the 2011 earthquake and I would love to visit again...

Status
Not open for further replies.