• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I'm working on scenery... (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The idea of this thread is that you can use it to announce that you are working on a scenery. Just to let other developers know that an airport, city or region is in development. That way hopefully we won't work on the same addons without knowing it.

If you want to show the work in progress of your scenery, please create a separate thread in the showroom forum for it. Do not use this thread to post a lot of screenshots.

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Working on KORD - but stuck until Google Update the Sat image.
Also on KCOE Coeur D'Alene - Pappy Boyington Field Airport which I thought would be good sampler for some utilities I am working on. Hoping to create a TaxiSign generator and checker. The checker instigated by the ever changing landscape of KORD,

Country
us-texas
I am developing the scenery for Randolph AFB (KRND). It's been a long time, but the project is still alive!

Also on KCOE Coeur D'Alene - Pappy Boyington Field Airport which I thought would be good sampler for some utilities I am working on. Hoping to create a TaxiSign generator and checker. The checker instigated by the ever changing landscape of KORD,

Hi there ! A "TaxiSign" generator would be nice ! How is it suppose to work? Does it calculate automaticly the taxiway directions and place the right numbers and arrows?
For me, the most annoying part of creating an airport is the placement of the many taxisigns. An automatism would be great and would help to save time on work….
I apreciate your work and let us know when its ready….also for testing.

Regards
Alex (LSZH)

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Casablanca (GMMN)
Hurghada (HEGN)
Istanbul (LTFM)
Kos (LGKO)
Malé International (VRMM)
Nairobi (HKJK)
Jersey (EGJJ)
Leknes (ENLK)

Just in case anybody feels this conflicts with his own project. ;)

Country
sweden
Leknes, Norway I very much like the sound of that! The whole of Lofoten must be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Count me in as a customer for that one for sure! Please consider Evenes (ENEV) airport as well, its after all the major airport of the region :)

Last edited:
Country
finland
Leknes, Norway I very much like the sound of that! The whole of Lofoten must be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Count me in as a customer for that one for sure! Please consider Evenes (ENEV) airport as well, its after all the major airport of the region :)
Have you tried the "Airports of Norway" package available at https://flightsimnorway.com/addons/...OL1kyQ3RoMG9YeHVoM0hnQjg2Tng2ZlYvdHVhUzhEVT0= It is available for FSX and for P3D and is high quality. The airports blend nicely with ORBX Norway scenery and contains more than 40 airports, ENEV and some others on Lofoten included! Many other addons for Norway on that site!

Country
sweden
While I agree AON is a lovely addon and I have found great use of it over the years I would not call it high quality. Its good for what it is and beeing freeware its a no brainer and its a good filler for where you dont have a payware alternative but it cant compare to payware efforts in my opinion. Especially Bardufoss and Evenes I find lacking, other airports are better like Bergen.

Country
sweden
While I agree AON is a lovely addon and I have found great use of it over the years I would not call it high quality. Its good for what it is and beeing freeware its a no brainer and its a good filler for where you dont have a payware alternative but it cant compare to payware efforts in my opinion. Especially Bardufoss and Evenes I find lacking, other airports are better like Bergen.

Also I have made all of Lofoten and from Bodö in south to Tromsö in north photoreal (HereWeGo) maps with Ortho4XP (p3d efition) so I am not really using FTX Norway at all unless I want some winter textures. My main aim is to get airports to blend with the photos from HereWeGo maps :)

Country
greece
Hello to the group please consider to make for GREECE Kephallonia airport.is a very touristic attraction with plenty of trafic.thank you

Country
spain
You can use other sat images that are also free

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
You can use other sat images that are also free
I never seem to get the alignment right with ADE. Have tried downloading tiles via Sbuilder to make photoscenery. It worked but there is only one season. Good for proving scenery objects are in the right place though. Also chose completely the wrong airport for taxi sign analysis. KCOE seems to have very few where you would expect them.

Country
us-georgia
Currently working on KORD also for FS2004. I am about 80% done. Need to do jetways for concourse B, C, D and M. And recheck airfield taxiway layout.

Country
switzerland
Currently working on KORD also for FS2004. I am about 80% done. Need to do jetways for concourse B, C, D and M. And recheck airfield taxiway layout.

Sounds cool... any screens to show? I would want to know if its compareable to FSDreamteam KORD.

Will it be Free or Payware?

Country
us-georgia
Sounds cool... any screens to show? I would want to know if its compareable to FSDreamteam KORD.

Will it be Free or Payware?
Always Freeware. Of course mine probably isn't up to that level of FSDreamteam version. Will put some pics on the Showroom forum as indicated by Arno. I probably try and put too much detail in mine and frame rate might suffer a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.