Image thumbnail test

n4gix

Resource contributor
You need to copy/paste the script from the Code to post the photo in a forum: window. Since it already has the tags, you don't need to use the Icon of this editor... :D

[IMG]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/6862011_1_9_21_3_54_734_8.jpg

Hi,

I don't follow. What I was hoping to do was have a thumbnail display in a post and by clicking it a full size image would display.
Having to scroll through a long line of images that I have no interest in viewing has always been an annoyance for me. I don't want to subject others to this.
I have no current need to do this. it was simply for future reference. Some of the code provided in the OZx Image hosting site led me to believe this was possible.

Jim F.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Hi,

I don't follow. What I was hoping to do was have a thumbnail display in a post and by clicking it a full size image would display.
Oh, okay. In that case you didn't post the entire string from your host site, but only got the first line (there are three lines).

Click once in the Code to post the thumbnail in a forum: box, then Crtl-C to copy, and Ctrl-P to paste into your forum reply. This will display a "thumbnail" of your image, which the user can then click on to see the "full size" image in a new Window (or new Tab if they right-click first).

Note that the following will take the user to your default image(s) page, and they would have to click on the "main display image" to see the full size version.

In this next link, I've replaced the "view.php?filename=" portion with "images/" so that when clicked (or right clicked) it will open the full size image! ;)

Okay. Let's see if I can get it right this time. I am hopeful.

Worked in Preview. Let's try the "images/" edit. Not sure about the equal sign.

Works great. I'll have to save the process. Thanks so much.

Jim F.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Okay. Let's see if I can get it right this time. I am hopeful.

Worked in Preview. Let's try the "images/" edit. Not sure about the equal sign.

Works great. I'll have to save the process. Thanks so much.

Jim F.
You are most welcome. All I did though was to compare the absolute path of the "windowed version" against the "fullscreen version," and note that the only difference were the two portions I identified within the quote marks... :D