FSXA Imagine this " no tools"

First of all let me say that I have been through the Wiki several times at this point and the answer to my problem is not covered there as through as it is.

I have no disk, but downloaded my FSX Gold directly from Games For Windows Marketplace which seem to be the biggest part of my problem.

At this point I have FSX Gold on 2 computers. My desktop on which I do my flying, and as of today my Laptop which I am in hopes of using strictly for creating missions.

Now to the problem.

The Laptop has absolutely nothing on it but the files that were installed by way of Games For Windows Live client (GFWLC) .

The GFWLC first downloads all the install files to a folder on the computer (11 gigs all zipped cab files) and then the GFWLC installs the FSX files. Near the end of the installation a window pops up and ask if you want to install the SDK. The first time today I made the mistake of clicking the OPTIONS radio button and when I did it all vanished. The install finished in short order and when I went to check the installation location of the SDK files, there were none.

So I had to uninstall and re-download (3 more hours) and install again. This time when I was asked about SDK I just clicked install and crossed my fingers.

Well it worked I thought, but still NO TOOLS.

I have searched High and Low through every file in FSX and SDK and find no other SDK .msi file to use. (all hidden files have been opened)

I ran the ADE9X Environment Checker and the FSX version does not match the SDK version.

I know from all the other forums and the WIKI that this is my problem.

Soooooo Where the Heck can I get the correct SDK file to match the FSX Gold Version. It is not in the downloaded install any where that I can find.

FSX Version 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421

SDK Version 10.0.60905.0

I have run out of things to try.

And by the way I have the same problem with my Desktop which came from the same place, and has the same versions of FSX and SDK.

I have been trying on my own with the help of your WIKI for well over a month now and nothing I do seems to achieve any results.

That's why I decided to do a new and fresh install on the laptop.

I know its been a long explanation but It's as short as I could make it under the circumstances.

Thanks for any advice as to where I might get the SDKxpack file.

INTIMID883R AKA Tony

Sounds like a nightmare. Your SDK version indicates that you have only the RTM version of the SDK installed, that means that somehow you must first upgrade that to SP1a and then finally Acceleration. I can tell you from my FSX Gold disk set that the filenames of those installers are "fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe" and "sdk.msi" respectively, and they are both located on the Accel disk in an "SDK" subfolder if that helps at all.

Do you still have the 11Gb of .CAB files on your computer somewhere? If so, have you opened/extracted them to see what they contain? I'm just wondering if there's a chance you might find the above mentioned SDK installers inside one of them by some chance.

I'm sure MS support won't be much help, the first thing they'll say is "FSX is not supported anymore", but really this isn't about FSX support, it's about sales of an MS product. If you purchased FSX+Accel, that product comes with an SDK. If you didn't get the SDK with your purchase you didn't get what you paid for. They sold you an incomplete product. Maybe if you put it to them that way (accompanied with a bit of attitude) they might recognize that it's not about FSX support and possibly make an attempt to straighten things out.

Failing all of the above I suppose you could uninstall Acceleration, patch your FSX to SP2, and then upgrade to the sp1a and sp2 versions of the SDK from the wiki page. Not the most desirable solution by any means but it could possibly get you going.

Jim

SOLVED ( the expensive way )

Sounds like a nightmare. Your SDK version indicates that you have only the RTM version of the SDK installed, that means that somehow you must first upgrade that to SP1a and then finally Acceleration. I can tell you from my FSX Gold disk set that the filenames of those installers are "fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe" and "sdk.msi" respectively, and they are both located on the Accel disk in an "SDK" subfolder if that helps at all.

After arguing with Microsoft for 3 hrs and being kicked from one person to another (6 total) all giving me one excuse or another as to why they could not help with my problem, I drove for 2 hrs and bought a boxed version from FRY.

Got home Copied the "fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe" and "sdk.msi" respectively from the Accelerator disk to desktop and ran both. Went to dll.xml file changed the values from true to False and guess what. I GOT TOOLS.

Thanks for your help now lets see if I can learn how to use them.

..."Thanks for your help now lets see if I can learn how to use them"
Now is when come the serious problem" :D, but you will see it's a nice software.sometimes it's funny even.