• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Import DXF from Autocad

Country
france
Hi again,

I'd like to know if someone know how can I import DXF file from Autocad in Gmax ?

Gmax seems to import correctly but the scene stays empty (it's like my DXF file is empty)

My DXF file only contains a text.

Thanks for any help !

Country
england
Have you tried exporting it from Autocad as a 3ds file, then use the import option in Gmax?

David

Country
france
The reason I used Autocad is that I want to write a text in Arabic (Latin language works very well in Gmax but not Arabic and Chinese)

So, I wrote in Autocad and then I import in Gmax (but the scene stay empty)

I think the 3ds export option disappears in Autocad 2007..

Any advise would be great.

:)

Country
france
Autocad 2007 don't propose *.ai format.
By the way, in Gmax, there is no option to import *.ai file.

I really lose hope...

Thanks anyway

Country
england
Have a look at AC3D it has a 14 day trial period. Imports DXF and Exports 3ds files.

David

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Autocad 2007 don't propose *.ai format.
By the way, in Gmax, there is no option to import *.ai file.

I really lose hope...

Thanks anyway
My apologies, I assumed that GMAX was too similar ot 3DS Max.

Last edited:
Country
france
Thank you for all for yours suggestions but the problem is still there.

I can't import 3d Arabic text into Gmax.

Thanks anyway.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

What is contained in your DXF file? I think GMax can only import polygons. So if you text is in there as text it might not work, you need to make sure they are polygons already.

Country
france
Hi,

PakMac, thank you for you help but yours solutions don't permit to obtain Arab text in Gmax.

Arno,
In my DXF File, I have a text only.
Maybe could you tell me how can I convert my text into poly ?

Finally,
I succeeded to import Arab text into Gmax but the letters are not linked and there is written from the left to the right.

I'm wondering if I have to install an Arabic version of Autocad ?
By the way, I changed my regional settings into Arab.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

It is some time ago that I used AutoCAD, but I guess there must be an option somewhere in AutoCAD to convert your text to polygons. That why you can not edit it as a text anymore, but when you export all the vertices are there that GMax can read.