• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Import FSX scenery object to ADE latest version ?

Country
sweden
I have succeeded to export some scenery objects from FSX by MCX and now I want to move them into my Airport scenery in ADE, to place it correctly by the support of for instance Google Earth or similar. How shall I proceed to make it happen? I have the latest version of ADE.

Greatful for an explanation !

Åke

Country
germany
Hi Ake,
it's quite easy:
Fire up your ADE and go to "Tools" - "Library Object Manager"
Inside LibraryObject Manager you may add a single bgl File or a complete Directory
Don't forget to click "Save" , now you're able to place the new objects
Right Mouse Click in ADE, "Add" - "LIbrary Object"
Now you may search for your added Object (Find Text) and add the object to your ADE scene

Hope that helps
Chris

Country
sweden
Thank you Chris- I added the folder to the Library Object mgr with the files I exported from MCX ( converted bgl and dds files to .gltf and png files) and saved but nothing occur in the ADE project. The airport project is visible but nothing else. Perhaps I dont understand what you mean with "Now you may search for your added Object (Find Text) and add the object to your ADE scene"?
I guess the exported files are OK as I can import it to Blender.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you have the objects loaded into the LOM then to add them to the airport Use Right-Click > Add > Library Objects

1612604553912.png

Then select the object from the list

1612604597872.png

and Click Add

Country
sweden
The file I want to add is a terminal building ( here shown in Blender after MCX export of the bgl to gltf format) but this file dont occur in the object list...? To go with this building are several texture files, converted to png from dds in MCX as well. Nothing show up in the airport file that I opened when I proceed with other showable objects.

Åke

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 89
Country
sweden
Ive now succeeded to add the scenery building into the airport project, however it do not occur i MSFS after saving and Building (compiling) and having moved the airport folder inte the Community folder in MSFS.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp2.JPG
    Skärmklipp2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 84

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Looking at the screenshot this appears to be a user model. Can you backup the project using the Main Menu > Project > Backup.

1612621925128.png

The backup zip is saved in the root folder you set for projects

Country
sweden
The backup process went well. The zip-file is created.
Here a picture of the compiling process and the settings, perhaps something is wrong there?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp3.JPG
    Skärmklipp3.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Skärmklipp4.JPG
    Skärmklipp4.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks - I meant to ask that you attach the backup project to a post here so that I can check it

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The issue I see is that there is no model in the model-lib source folder

1612627525693.png

1612627558043.png

The source code for your model(s) along with their textures should be in there. As far as I can see without that the project won't compile. I assume that perhaps you loaded your model from a place outside the project folders?

Here is an example of a populated model lib

1612627685057.png

And each sub folder contains a model

1612627758684.png

user models are loaded into ADE by searching in the model-lib folders and not outside.

Country
sweden
The source code for your model(s) along with their textures should be in there. As far as I can see without that the project won't compile. I assume that perhaps you loaded your model from a place outside the project folders?
Yes, as I could not setup the Library Object mgr correctly, I was recommended to use another way : via Lists and Model I succeded to get the basic model into the airport view, but thats all.... I will now try to place the bin/gltf/xml and png files in the PackageSource folder and try to open it in the Object mgr. But I am still not sure how exactly the folder structure and content structure (filetypes etc) in those folders should look like mainly because I can not see the fully folder path i.e. I have enclosed two pictures from my settings, I am not sure whats below the PackageSource folder - where to place the gltf/xml/bin files resp. the png-files. I assume the latter goes into the texture folder below the " ÅF-esta-angelholm-ab-modelLib" folder? Sorry... but the apf-file in red is clear- thats the one I load for my modified airport in ADE (flatterned the default building)
path1.JPG
path2.JPG

Last edited:
Country
sweden
Hello again,
I am not able to load a new project- get the attached error message?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 89

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hello again,
I am not able to load a new project- get the attached error message?
The XML has failed the schema. How did you start the project - from what source. Did you not get a schema check error before this message?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have moved this thread to the ADE MSFS forum.

Country
sweden
Hello Scruffyduck again- a few questions:

1) what is the last version which I intend to use for MSFS default airport editing? I have version v. 20.11.7664 ALPHA (Pro) installed.
2) starting up on a new stock airport from MSFS I get the following error ( Picture 1 below)
3) also get the next error (Picture 2 below)

What can I do? (Please link me if you moved my thread to another forum)

My intention is to edit the Asobo default apron locations/directions and eliminate not active taxways shown in "Draw debug" mode in devmode (Picture 3)

Akki

Attachments

• ADE error 1.JPG
    ADE error 1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ADE error 2.JPG
    ADE error 2.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Skärmklipp2.JPG
    Skärmklipp2.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 86
Country
sweden
OK, I have now installed the last and correct version, but I am not able to direct the F20 folder to find the Airport in MSFS correctly i.e. isnt it a bgl-file? The correct path to my MSFS installation is: C:\Users\carla\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Where exactly shall the F20 folder point at to search for the MSFS airport?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp3.JPG
    Skärmklipp3.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK, I have now installed the last and correct version, but I am not able to direct the F20 folder to find the Airport in MSFS correctly i.e. isnt it a bgl-file? The correct path to my MSFS installation is: C:\Users\carla\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Not sure what you mean. If you want to open a stock airport in ADE then use File > Create Project from Stock

Enter the ICAO you want and ADE will find the base file and extract the airport

1618236182761.png

It's all in the pdf notes that come with the ADE installer

Or do you mean finding the folder paths?

1618236271084.png

Country
sweden
Exactly, I am sure the Content path is not correct as the window above to the right dont find anything...here again:

Attachments

• Skärmklipp4.JPG
    Skärmklipp4.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 73