• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Imported BGL missing parts and textures

Country
unitedstates
Hello, I just started having an odd problem, when I import my KMZ from sketchup, model imports perfectly and no texture issues, but when i create a bgl (to FS2004) and reimport it (so i can combine it with another model), BGL ends up with missing parts and detail. and also when i load up the bgl it has this error code:
11:56 AM BGLDecoder Warning Unknown BGL opcode 1556 at position 17A30

the problem started yesterday, and i didnt change anything in my workflow, I had made another roof bgl (almost same model, i just edited it slightly) about two days ago and that one when imported as bgl, shows up correctly.
However now when i also load the old kmz (one which worked) and when i recreate the bgl...bgl is also loading up with missing parts now.
Model is complex but vertices are under limit, (bgl had no issues exporting until yesterday)

image#1&2 -the new imported kmz
image 3&4 -the new imported bgl made from the kmz
image5 - imported old roof bgl (one i made and converted earlier, was stored in my scenery)

I tried latest dev version... and even went back to old dev program..nothing changed.

Havent changed any settings and objects setting is "userspecified"
is mcx somehow purging things uncommanded somehow on export or import?

I have attached the new kmz i am trying to work with.
Thanks in advance for your help
Emmanuel

(im working on upgrading my HTDA for fs2004)

Attachments

• mcxroof1.PNG
    mcxroof1.PNG
    314.5 KB · Views: 254
  • mcxroof2.PNG
    mcxroof2.PNG
    234.5 KB · Views: 201
  • mcxroofwitherror1.PNG
    mcxroofwitherror1.PNG
    217 KB · Views: 267
  • mcxroofwitherror2.PNG
    mcxroofwitherror2.PNG
    327.2 KB · Views: 243
  • mcxinFS.PNG
    mcxinFS.PNG
    271.7 KB · Views: 261
  • HTDAColumns.zip
    270.8 KB · Views: 113
  • errorlog.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 215
  • oldKMZthatworked.zip
    303.9 KB · Views: 161

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Is there any error when you export to BGL? That's probably where the unexpected command was introduced.

From checking the two models I can't really see a difference. Both of them are quite complex (close to the 64k limit per drawcall, but actually the one that works is even more complex. It might be part of the issue though.

Country
unitedstates
Is there any error when you export to BGL? That's probably where the unexpected command was introduced.

From checking the two models I can't really see a difference. Both of them are quite complex (close to the 64k limit per drawcall, but actually the one that works is even more complex. It might be part of the issue though.
Hi Arno,
No error at all when exporting, only error is when you reimport it as the bgl and gives unknown bgl opcode errors. (only difference between the two is i made the roof one texture vs each square roof its own piece) here is one (bgl version) i made that mcx exported properly and loaded as bgl normal

Attachments

• workingroof.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 101