• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Indonesia Soetta-X

Country
indonesia
Hi, just want to share my working progress.

Our main biggest airport in Indonesia, Soekarno-Hatta.

Domestic terminal
comsoon_terminal_a.jpg

International terminal
comsoon_terminal_f.jpg

Still no have clue to make a taxi line, many efforts if using a gmax poly.
Ground_Test.jpg

Test rendering the airbridge
gTLTerminalBrspv.jpg

Still have a problem, can you see a thin white line across the runway?
That is the edge of the textures using fs2002 makemdl.
VCrpic19ty.jpg

When I run close the white line, is gone.
28ypic2w1v.jpg

Hav a search in forum thread but still dont know the answer.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
It looks so nice indeed.

But ,if you are not aware of, there are at least two versions of this airport at Simmarket already from Onet-valley and BDOaviation. Thai Creation once would like to make this airport too. But there changed their mind later. I'm glad they didn't do it. Two is enough, three is OMG.....just kidding.

http://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=SOEKARNO-HATTA

People can have there choices but the developers have to share the market.

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
It looks so nice indeed.

But ,if you are not aware of, there are at least two versions of this airport at Simmarket already from Onet-valley and BDOaviation. Thai Creation once would like to make this airport too. But there changed their mind later. I'm glad they didn't do it. Two is enough, three is OMG.....just kidding.

http://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=SOEKARNO-HATTA

People can have there choices but the developers have to share the market.

Hi jtanabodee,
Yes I am aware of it, before they release their own we have started making earlier but we work fulltime everyday and doesnt have much time to finish it until now :D
even people of Indonesia also know that www.iscenery.net is the first website who produce scenery in Indonesia especially Soekarno-Hatta airport, they waiting us for updating the scenery from FS9 into FSX.

bdo-aviation is follower, they many learn from us and those only can make a scenery and having a bug, we build as real as it gets with proportional arts and we build for two for Freeware & Payware with cheaper that two of them.

EUR20 is expensive in Indonesia, and bdo did not keep their promises in IndoFlyer forum that they only build for FS9 but they also making for FSX.

onet-valley? very low textures :p, we only one hour goto airport soetta and can take many pictures.

Even Boston Logan also having 3 product now, Flytampa, Aerosoft and also I found in Flightsim.com, and off course we using from flightsim.com :) coz not much different from the two giant.

Many of us only want using a freeware addon product, with two expensive payware product in simmarket they still using FS9 until now with our scenery, so our purpose is bring them move on to FSX with a little penny. :rolleyes:

Do you bought that two simmarket products? so submit your email on our support menu and we will give you a beta tester to compare it when we ready. ;)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Nice to hear that, Buddy. Good luck with your work. I have to admit that your work looks very good.

Country
unitedstates
Even Boston Logan also having 3 product now, Flytampa, Aerosoft and also I found in Flightsim.com

Just FYI all 3 of those Boston sceneries are from the same developer George Grimshaw.

Best of luck on your product.

Country
indonesia
Hi jtanabodee,
Thanks also since I learned much from you. :D

Hi newmanix,
Thanks for your info, how about KSFO? there is Aerosoft, Flytampa & Feelthere :rolleyes:

the point is, whether you can create your home town airport why you must buy? I'm sure all developers who can build an airport that would definitely sure make the airport near the house, right? :D

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi jtanabodee,

Hi newmanix,
Thanks for your info, how about KSFO? there is Aerosoft, Flytampa & Feelthere :rolleyes:

the point is, whether you can create your home town airport why you must buy? I'm sure all developers who can build an airport that would definitely sure make the airport near the house, right? :D
That's true. But don't expect much about marketing.
To tell you the truth, I don't care much about selling. Making scenery is fun enough for my hobby. Hobby that makes money even it is so little is better that the others that often drain out you wallet significantly. Cars, acoustic equipments, even Flight Sim itself. lol :D

Country
unitedstates
Hi jtanabodee,

Hi newmanix,

Wrong again. FlyTampa is just the airport only. Aerosoft is just the city only. And the one from Feelthere is not a FS product at all, it's a game.

There is one from FlightBeam which is good as the FlyTampa version was very old and outdated.

I do understand your point though. And you really should continue to work on your project. My best advise though, after this, perhaps search out an area where these other developers won't continue step on your toes. ;) And I do thank you for doing all this hard work for free! Please get them AES'd :D

Country
unitedstates
That's true. But don't expect much about marketing.
To tell you the truth, I don't care much about selling. Making scenery is fun enough for my hobby. Hobby that makes money even it is so little is better that the others that often drain out you wallet significantly. Cars, acoustic equipments, even Flight Sim itself. lol :D

True but honestly, I WANT to pay for your work:p

Country
indonesia
Wrong again. FlyTampa is just the airport only. Aerosoft is just the city only. And the one from Feelthere is not a FS product at all, it's a game.

There is one from FlightBeam which is good as the FlyTampa version was very old and outdated.

I do understand your point though. And you really should continue to work on your project. My best advise though, after this, perhaps search out an area where these other developers won't continue step on your toes. ;) And I do thank you for doing all this hard work for free! Please get them AES'd :D

Hahaha... ok I give up.

I have three sceneries that created in 2004, now updating soekarno-hatta since three years ago for fsx… fuuihh so long… then others has been released before me, should I stop it?
I have also updating my second airport Juanda-Surabaya, and the follower that I mention before is making also the Juanda, so should I stop it?
I have also updating the third for Adisutjipto-Yogyakarta, and I am sure in the future they will make the same :D

Took so long because making a scenery is just a hobby, not a main work.

why your scenery is better than others? because you want to make it perfect, why perfect? off course for flying it self more enjoyable.

I learn make a scenery is for myself, my prev airport I give it for free coz my friends requested.
not for sale, but money always come for royalty.
I never even thought that my scenery is registered in AES by library admin from avsim.

Agree with jtanabodee, your scenery is beautiful when you do it for your love to flightsim, and 'nothing' if you do for money. :)

If you love your hobby making a scenery then newmanix will be pay you :p [kidding]

Country
unitedstates
Yes but it is true! If it's good, people will pay. And why not earn a little for your sweat? You are talented. Don't give up. It's your passion, keep going!

Country
us-texas
Yes but it is true! If it's good, people will pay. And why not earn a little for your sweat? You are talented. Don't give up. It's your passion, keep going!

because for many 3D developers when it becomes work the fun and excitement and even the passion is lost, not to mention all the absurd expectations customers place in this community on payware (and even freeware).

To the OP, great looking work! if you are doing this for you first and then to share, I say continue at least for your own satisfaction. I have plenty of high end almost finished sceneries on my HD that others have beat me on releasing that I still work on.

Country
indonesia
because for many 3D developers when it becomes work the fun and excitement and even the passion is lost, not to mention all the absurd expectations customers place in this community on payware (and even freeware).

To the OP, great looking work! if you are doing this for you first and then to share, I say continue at least for your own satisfaction. I have plenty of high end almost finished sceneries on my HD that others have beat me on releasing that I still work on.

Good Luck friend, did you show in this forum also?

Please finish up your work. Don't give up.
It will be a very good one.

No no no, what I mean of Give Up is searching for sceneries who has double /triple developer. :D

I must continue this coz many fans waiting of it. :cool:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I love this!
It is true. So it is still my hobby, not my real life job. If I put my life on it and depend on the income from this hobby, it will not be a hobby anymore.
I know a guy who did this scheme, turning hobby to job. Now he end up with something else, selling thing in e-Bay. He fells it is to boring work.

Last edited:

mick1960

Resource contributor
Country
germany
[...'then others has been released before me, should I stop it?[...]

Jangan!

Saya selalu suka scenery-scenery kamu, karena saya dahulu tinggal di Klakah-Lumajang, kira-kira seratus limapuluh kilometer dari Surabaya.

Salam Mick!

Country
australia
It looks nice. A taxiway line for a gmax poly is not hard, just use the line tool in 'shapes', make the outline of the taxi line and then close it and convert to editable poly. Takes a bit of time but it works