Inf file / Resample - Spring and Summer Seasons are solid red

#21
Well, I finally got it to work. I went one by one first doing just the seasonal photo scenery and then adding the blend/water masks separately and then finally added the night map. The only thing I can see that is different in this inf file than my original is that the blend and water masks are in sources 4 and 5 like suggested above...so I guess the order does matter somewhat at least in this instance. The new working inf file is below...I've checked all seasons day and night and everything is as it should be! Finally!!!!

Brandon

Code:
[Source]
Type=MultiSource
NumberOfSources=7

[Source1]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_winter_photo.tif"
Layer=Imagery
Variation=November, December, January, February
Channel_LandWaterMask=4.0
Channel_BlendMask=5.0

[Source2]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_spring_photo.tif"
Layer=Imagery
Variation=March, April, May
Channel_LandWaterMask=4.0
Channel_BlendMask=5.0

[Source3]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_summer_photo.tif"
Layer=Imagery
Variation=June, July, August
Channel_LandWaterMask=4.0
Channel_BlendMask=5.0

[Source4]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_photo_W.tif"
Layer=None
SamplingMethod=Gaussian

[Source5]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_photo_B.tif"
Layer=None
SamplingMethod=Gaussian

[Source6]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_fall_photo.tif"
Layer=Imagery
Variation=September, October
Channel_LandWaterMask=4.0
Channel_BlendMask=5.0

[Source7]
Type=GeoTIFF
SourceDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Projected"
SourceFile="kafw_photo_LM.tif"
Layer=Imagery
Variation=Night
SamplingMethod=Gaussian
Channel_LandWaterMask=4.0
Channel_BlendMask=5.0

[Destination]
DestDir="C:\Flight Simulator Programs\Scenery Design\Alliance Airport Scenery\Aerial Photos\Output"
DestBaseFileName="kafw_photo"
DestFileType=BGL
LOD=Auto
CompressionQuality=85
 
#22
Good to see you got it to work.

On exporting geotiff from GM BTW, what I do is all my work is done in the native projection, then last step is to reproject. When exporting the geotiff I will use a box which ensures that I don't get any background. Also once I drag out my box I copy/paste the corner coordinates that are shown into a text file (not that useful for an inf but helps me in SBX and ADEX).

the only thing in GM is if I tile the output I haven't figured a way to get eg a 1 pixel overlap between tiles.

scott s.
.
 
#23
The recommendation is to NOT use both a blendmask, and an RGB null value, or at least to make sure that value appears nowhere in your source. Otherwise you may find impressive red spots in your photoreal scenery. These red spots are "missing data" ... the same problem in the original post.

The purpose of using a null value in combination with a blendmask is to not compile the areas under your blend, and hence reduce filesize. You cannot easily do this with any Rgb value, so it is best to use the actual blend channel "black" to do this. Nullvalue = R,G,B,W,B, or in other words NullValue = ,,,,0 in combination with your blendmask channel.

Everything is in the SDK! Usually only apparent after the 3rd or 4th read.
That's a good tip. I did find that using null value was good in reducing file size over simply using blend mask, but I was only using magenta as my null value. Your method of using ,,,,0 would be better.

scott s.
.
 
#24
Sorry to resurrect an ancient topic, but I just had exactly the same problem.
After losing some hair over this, I finally found the solution here: when the masks are source 1 and 2 in the INF file, everything is red.
So the order actually matters, the masks should be the last among the sources.
Hope this helps others having the same problem.
 
Top