Installer and scenery.cfg

I tried to make an autoinstaller (of LIDA Asiago VFR scenery) with Install Creator Free by ClickTeam, so i'm looking how to self-add it in the scenery.cfg. Someone can help me?
Best regards Claudio Grassi :yikes:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Claudio,

I am not really familiar with that installer, but does it not allow you to make changes to the cfg file? There are a lot of sceneries with automatic installers, so it should be possible somehow.

Another option is to let the installer run a small program afterwards that adds it to the cfg file. I have made such a program once. If you want I can check if I can still find.

Claudio,
usually installers can add things to INI files. And Scenery.cfg is INI file except it is Scenery.cfg instead of Scenery.ini. Use methods for Ini files like WriteString, WriteInteger, ReadSections... (these are common functions in delphi but similar to these are available also in InstallShield :) )
Hope it helps!

Best regards,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Just had a look at the website of ClickTeam and it seems that the ability to write into INI files is only included n the pro version.

arno said:
Just had a look at the website of ClickTeam and it seems that the ability to write into INI files is only included n the pro version.
Arno,
there are so many things made with clickteam installer like RealCDG, Kuresare, Antonov An-24 from Dimitri Samoborski, MD-80 Meridiana by Samuli... Maybe somebody of these guys can help???

Best regards,