• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Installing/reinstalling and unistalling MS Flight

Country
spain
Hello, My name is Alberto and I'm from Spain, so I apologize in advance any mistake writting in English.

I've been using MS Flight Simulator since version 5.0 for MS-Dos. I still keep this box.
When MS Flight was released I installed it and it disapointed me, so I kept using FSX.
Recently, my nephew, who is 11 years old, wants to start flying and I thought FSX is too technical for him, so I remembered MS Flight and I thought it could be a perfect starting point for him.
I looked for the installer on my Hard Drive and start testing. I install on a Windows 10/64bits laptop and it worked fine, but I was unable to activate the program to fly the Stearman.
I try to log in Games For Windows and and Xbox, but it didn't work.
I found Flight Toolkit and installed it. Try to install several add-on, but MS-Flight started to fail.
I thought there's another version of MS-Flight that can be installed by Flight Tookit (yes, I didn't read the manual, sorry) and I unistall MS-Flight without unistall Flight toolkit.
When I noticed that Flight Toolkit doesn't work without Flight I tried to install MS Flight again, but installation failed because a some error on the cab file.
I try to unistall Flight tookit, but I can't unistall it without MS-Flight.
What can I do?
How can I fix this fine mess?

Thank you.

Alberto

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You can follow these instructions from the pinned "Flight Toolkit" thread http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flight-toolkit.431166/. Make sure you uninstall MS Flight and the Toolkit before doing this. My guess is your installer on your computer was an older version of Flight that doesn't work with the toolkit.

Installing MS Flight:
Make sure you have the latest GFWL client installed: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=128962 (or www.flighttoolkit.com/flightInstallers/gfwlivesetup.exe)
You can download\install Microsoft Flight from here: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616
Even though Flight is free, GFWL needs to generate a key for it so it can connect to the service. I have heard of people having problems getting one. If you run into this after installing Flight and haven't ever installed it before, make sure you use the Non-GFWL mode of the Flight Toolkit. You will be prompted for it at the end of the installation process of the Toolkit.

Installing the Flight Toolkit (Requires Vista or newer OS):
You can download the latest tools here: http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_32.zip (If you have a problem where GFWL says you need a key to play, make sure you use the Non-GFWL mode. You can change this after installation from the Addon Manager)
Website for the Flight Toolkit: www.flighttoolkit.com

Country
spain
Hi Stonelance,

Thank you for your reply. I've got a lot of trouble for installing MS Flight, but I did it. I don't know why, but installer download the cab file at zero size. Solved executing installer from desktop instead download folder an "run as Administrator".
Once MS Flight is installed, I was able to unistall and install again Flight Toolkit, but I have some trouble using NON-GFWL mode.
I got an system error:
The execution of code can't continue because can't find d3dx10_43.dll. This trouble can be solved reinstalling the program.
(Note: my message appears in Spanish. I translated it into English, so translation may not be so accurate)
I've noticed this error is caused by xlive.dll. If I remove this library from the folder, MS Flight starts OK.

How can I solve this issue?

Thank you

Alberto

Country
spain
Hi Stonelance.

It works. Thank you very much.
I had to create a new profile and It didn't recognize the previous achievments, but I don't mind.

Best Regards
Alberto

Country
us-arizona
I'm trying to install Flight Toolkit 1.1.32 with my Microsoft Flight (Steam Version) and I'm getting the following error (attachment).

My System is as follows:
SSD1 (C) Operating System Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
HDD1 (D) Software (Steam / Origins / UPlay / Office 2016 / etc.)
HDD2 (E) Games (Steam / Origins / UPlay / etc.)
HDD3 (F) Games (Steam / Origins / UPlay / etc.)
HDD4 (G) Backup

Am I getting the failure because the Steam Software and Microsoft Flight Game (flight.exe) are on separate drives?

I had no problem on another pc where the Steam Software and Microsoft Flight Game (flight.exe) were on the same drive (Success).

I would like to add, that I have a valid purchase (Key) from Steam and all of the DLC (Keys) from GWFL/Steam.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

Attachments

• FlightToolkit_Failure_20180604.PNG
    FlightToolkit_Failure_20180604.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 603