• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Is it possible to read SimConnect Variables from First Officer?

Country
germany
Hello,
as the question in the title...

I have read from an Thrid Party Add-On the QNH with the Variable "KOHLSMAN SETTING MB". This works for the Captains pfd.

But how can I read the F/O QNH? I have tried it with "KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:1". And also with 2, 3 and 4... But nothing worked.

Any idea?
I mean if I press B all three Baros are resetted.... So they have to do something with SimConnect...
I think...

Country
us-ohio
As I replied to you in the Prepar3D forums at L-M... the way you are trying to read it is correct... IF the aircraft in question actually has multiple altimeters defined.

Country
germany
As I replied to you in the Prepar3D forums at L-M... the way you are trying to read it is correct... IF the aircraft in question actually has multiple altimeters defined.
Thanks for your answer!

Ok, another idea:
is it possible to read values via the Event id´s?
So Im using the PMDG SDK. There are some Event ID´s to SET an Event. These Events have on the Co-Pilot side every time Pilot ID + 100.
So maybe 70182 is for the Co-Pilot 70282.

I wouldnt need the actual value. It would be okay if I only get a Notification if this Event is used.

Could that be possible?

Country
us-ohio
Possible, sure. Will it work well... probably not. I can think of several ways that can go wrong. Check the aircraft.cfg file to see if they defined mutiple entries in the altimeters section.

Country
germany
Okay I have only found

[altimeters]
altimeter.0=1
altimeter.1=1

I setted it to

[altimeters]
altimeter.0=1
altimeter.1=2

but it didnt worked.

Or should I do something else?

Country
us-ohio
The first entry setup was correct. I know this works inside of a gauge without issue, that I can assure you.

Country
germany
Does it work in the PMDG 747? If you have this.

Then is the question, why does it not work in my program.

What I saw:
In KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:1 and 2 are the same values (captain baro). Index 3+ is only the std baro pressure 1013.

Country
us-ohio
Ok, I know this works within a gauge... without any issues. Maybe it's something in your SimConnect code? Or maybe it's that it doesn't work inside SimConnect but it does work inside the gauge interface.

Country
germany
So I read the Baro in the Mooney Bravo G1000.

Everything works I can read both baros.

In the 747 I get the same Baro on index 1 and 2...
So I think my Program should work but only the PMDG has something different. Did you try it in the 747? Is there a way to send it from the gauge to a program?

Country
us-ohio
The only PMDG product I have is the 737-800/900... and haven't looked at them to be honest.

Country
germany
Okay i've now tryed to get a notification if the barometer is decresed or incresed. It is working for the brakes but not for the KOHLSMAN_DEC. But again only in the PMDG 747. I've also tried it with the PMDG Event 70162. I entered it with the # in front.
hr = SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_DEC, "#70162");
Also that isnt working.
Does someone have an idea how I could read this Barometer? (For the Co-Pilot).

I'm slowly running out of ideas

Country
us-ohio
They probably have their own code running and are not using the sim's baro for the right side. If they haven't provided access to it via their SDK... you won't be touching it.