• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Is there a current source for the Adam Howe guides for FSDS?

Country
unitedstates
I wanted to get a set but the Abacus website won't come up and they don't appear on FSPilotShop. I did find a site that listed them but the link for them there was to Abacus.

Country
us-ohio
Hello Vance, I see that Adam Howes "Aircraft Design Guide" is still available at "Simmarket", all 6 books. I tried to find FSDS 3.5 on line, and could not find a download for it, Shame. A venerable, capable program, used to create a lot of the addons for FSX, and FS9. When they get back up and Running, FSPilot shop May again carry it !! Adams ADG is probably his Best work, I would get it while You still can !! Abacus, seems to no longer exist ?? Hope this Helps ! Johnman
PS - Altho Adams guide is written for FSDS 3.5, it is Information relevent to all 3D Related FSX addon Creation ! - again - Johnman

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Abacus has been out of business for at least the past five years. My last contract with them was for their B787 2d/3d cockpit.

Country
unitedstates
Hello Vance, I see that Adam Howes "Aircraft Design Guide" is still available at "Simmarket", all 6 books. I tried to find FSDS 3.5 on line, and could not find a download for it, Shame. A venerable, capable program, used to create a lot of the addons for FSX, and FS9. When they get back up and Running, FSPilot shop May again carry it !! Adams ADG is probably his Best work, I would get it while You still can !! Abacus, seems to no longer exist ?? Hope this Helps ! Johnman
PS - Altho Adams guide is written for FSDS 3.5, it is Information relevent to all 3D Related FSX addon Creation ! - again - Johnman

Hi Johnman,
I do have FSDS 3.5.1 and so far I like it. But I am a novice and would like to have reference material for it. Hence my search for Adam's guides. I have gone to Simmarket but they provide a download link to Abacus. So it's really not available. I was hoping someone here had picked them up recently and could point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Vance

Country
unitedstates
Abacus has been out of business for at least the past five years. My last contract with them was for their B787 2d/3d cockpit.

Hi Bill,
I'm late coming to the Develop arena so it figures I would buy products from a company that is out of business. :)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I tried it. Got rerouted to blackbody and got a nuisance virus that locked my laptop up. Told me Windows found a virus and had blocked my computer. Wouldn't let me do anything. I had seen it before from a NR2003 link. So I had to do a hard boot and it went away. So I won't be going there again soon. :)
Oh damn! I meant to report that has happened. Just for future information, that is a 'fake hi-jack' script. It is an annoyance more than anything else.

The easiest way to handle such cases is to use the "three finger salute" (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to open the Task Mananger, then click on your browser session and click on "End Task".

Country
us-ohio
Hey Vance, My apologies, I seem to be able to navigate the site without a problem, check Your inbox, I sent You a PM - Johnman

Country
us-arizona
I highly recommend Blender. I do not use it, I went to 3ds Max, but I am thinking of trying out Blender. It is powerful and can do things that FSDS cant.

I started out on FSDS years ago. It just couldnt do organic flowing shapes well. It can do blocky objects amazingly good and easy, but rounded shapes were very difficult to do. it can be done, but is very time consuming.

Blender is freeware and you can export to FSX. Possibly also FS2004, but FSX for sure. And you can render in it, and create Ambient Occlusion maps in it. Think on it.