• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Issues while exporting from Blender to MCX 1.5

Country
france
It's important to remove unused vertices, line edges, polygons (faces), and parameters. This could be the very cause of the "null" value that MCX is referring to and removing it.

For exemple all of these edges can be removed right?

1664471519750.png

The Crash is abnormal. I can't explain the reason "why" it's crashing unless I see it for myself. It might be necessary for you to send the blend file to me to determine the cause, but that is up to you. When you say that it crashes, are you saying that it closes Blender and goes back to the desktop?
I can give you the file in PM. Yeah right, blender has closed suddenly.
The proper order to "Cleanup" and reset the "Transforms" is: 1st is the "Transforms" and then the "Cleanups". There are 2 "Cleanups": first is in "Edit" mode and then the "Cleanup" that you showed (2nd picture below). Make sure to select ALL before performing each of the "Cleanups". In the 2nd "Cleanup", you only need to use the first and third that are listed, for now (see pictures):
Ok I did the "Cleanup" in edit mode but when I switch in object mode to do the second one I have only 3 options and 1 I can use. Do you have a solution?

Annotation 2022-09-29 192443.png

The "Scale": resets it back to 1.0 on all axis whatever unit you are using (metrics or imperial - if you scaled anything or not). Last is the Rotation, resets it back to 0 (whether you rotated anything or not.)
To reset the rotation and the scale, I have to change it here right?

1664472643272.png

BTW, what Flight Sim is this terminal for?
The scenery is for P3D v4.5 and higher and for MSFS.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I see why loading the obj file takes long, but I nees to look how I can change that.
I have improved the reading speed of Wavefront OBJ files now. Your terminal object now loads in 10 seconds. I will need to run my regression test cases to check if things are still robust after the change, but it will be in the next development release.

Country
france
I have improved the reading speed of Wavefront OBJ files now. Your terminal object now loads in 10 seconds. I will need to run my regression test cases to check if things are still robust after the change, but it will be in the next development release.
Thank you so much Arno! Send me an email when the next development update is up!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
For exemple all of these edges can be removed right?

View attachment 84273
This has nothing to do with the Cleanup command, but yes you can, if you wish. These vertices and line edges are not loose. "Loose" means, in this case: not connected to anything.

Ok I did the "Cleanup" in edit mode but when I switch in object mode to do the second one I have only 3 options and 1 I can use. Do you have a solution?

View attachment 84274

Sorry, I wasn't clear about which "Cleanup". Is this where it was crashing? The "Cleanup" command I was referring to is under the "File" tab and it's still in edit mode (see picture). If this is where Blender crashed for you,... it DID NOT Crash for me at all.

Cleanup_Files-tab.png

To reset the rotation and the scale, I have to change it here right?

View attachment 84275

No... Do NOT reset Location, Rotation, and Scale Here. You can only reset through the "Object" tab -> Apply -> All Transforms in Object mode (see picture).

Appy_transform.png

I am only seeing one material (for the roof). This isn't a texture - only a material (materials are only a color). The texture hasn't been UV unwrapped. I have returned to you a ".zip" file with "Cleanups" done and the removal of the unused material slots (there were 3). I resaved it as "terminal-1". As I said before, Blender DO NOT crash for me. My Blender is LTS v3.3.

Last edited:
Country
france
This has nothing to do with the Cleanup command, but yes you can, if you wish. These vertices and line edges are not loose. "Loose" means, in this case: not connected to anything.
Ok so if I don't remove these ones that will not affect the texturing, UV unwrapping or FPS for exemple?
Sorry, I wasn't clear about which "Cleanup". Is this where it was crashing? The "Cleanup" command I was referring to is under the "File" tab and it's still in edit mode (see picture). If this is where Blender crashed for you,... it DID NOT Crash for me at all.
I did it, fortunatly Blender is not crashing! As for me, blender crash when I execute this command in object mode

Annotation 2022-09-30 161428.png

No... Do NOT reset Location, Rotation, and Scale Here. You can only reset through the "Object" tab -> Apply -> All Transforms in Object mode (see picture).

I am only seeing one material (for the roof). This isn't a texture - only a material (materials are only a color). The texture hasn't been UV unwrapped. I have returned to you a ".zip" file with "Cleanups" done and the removal of the unused material slots (there were 3). I resaved it as "terminal-1". As I said before, Blender DO NOT crash for me. My Blender is LTS v3.3.
Ok, this is what I did, I had not touch to that.
Thank you so much! I received it

Country
france
I have a little problem,

When I reload my colors that I make in Photoshop.
Capture1.PNG

At the begining, the model has not loaded my textures probably because you're in 3.3 and me in 3.0.
1664548695959.png

So I reloaded the 4 textures in shading tab, I just reopen the image from my desktop but it seems like MCX do not want to load it properly.
1664548756524.png

Here is what it looks in MCX before I reload the textures in blender
1664548937012.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Those textures were not saved or were not baked onto the texture map because of the UV unmapping hasn't been properly done. Just attaching the nodes within the Shading Editor doesn't save the textures onto the UV map. Are these textures that you are creating through Photoshop just colors?

The 3 unused material slots were not attached to the model, therefore, were removed (terminal-1)..

In your last picture, the black and white checkerboard means that it's not finding the texture. Where do you have the texture placed in regards to the model?

Country
france
Are these textures that you are creating through Photoshop just colors?
Yes I created only colors because this is another person that makes the textures.

Where do you have the texture placed in regards to the model?
The textures are placed in another folder than the model folder. The exported textures are in the same folder than the .dae

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
First, you need to create the UV map properly.

You are trying to add multiple textures onto a model that only has 1 UV map. That means that just one of the textures is being applied. All of the others are lost because only 1 UV map was created. That is not a Blender or MCX error. Blender and MCX are getting everything done correctly based on this.

There are seams all over the place on your model - you may not need that many. You might have more detail that is needed in the model. I suggest you remove the light fixtures and do them separately for starters. Those edge lines you mentioned before should be removed, unless they are a different material.

Let us move this to a private message. This will take a while.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thank you so much Arno! Send me an email when the next development update is up!
The new development release is online now.